P.O.V - Jooyeon

“PARTY ROCK, PARTY ROCK, PARTY ROCK DA YEOGI MOYEO!” 

That was the song blasting in the minivan as we drove to the Ponzona forest. I and Jiseok were the only hyped up ones while Junhan had fallen asleep. Jungsu was helping a confused Gunil drive through random bridges and roads and to try and not fuck up the route. 

O.de, in the meantime, was staring out the window. I couldn’t help but stare at his beautiful side profile, the sun hitting his face ever so gently (it’s afternoon now, mind), making him look like a goddamn snack. Soon, Jiseok got exhausted. “We’d better enjoy the song in silence, don’t ya think?” he said. I was too engrossed in O.de’s ethereal visuals. I didn't hear what he had said. “Finally, the problem children are quiet,” Jungsu muttered almost too loudly. Jiseok reached forward and smacked him on the head. Gunil then had to pull his leader card and discipline the boy before hitting the road again. 

~~~

One more hour in, and we had finally arrived. It was sunset when we entered the clearing, and the sky looked ever so beautiful. The sun setting painted a world of colour as it dipped below the horizon. The trees stood like magnificent guards, tall and proud and stiff. The clearing was lit with small bonfires. Eight minivans were parked in a far corner. Gunil parked the minivan there and soon we got off. I was in charge of setting up the tent with O.de, much to my pleasure. As we set up the tent, I couldn’t stop thinking about him. Soon, I saw his eyes flash pink, which probably meant he read my mind. 

We finished setting up our tent. I instantly walked down to one of the other tents, being the extrovert I am, to socialise. I was so captivated by the beauty of the Ponzona forest I didn’t notice I had bumped into someone. “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” I exclaimed, bowing low and helping the man up. “It’s alright, kid,” he replied with a handsome smile, “Just watch where you’re going next time.” I smiled. The man seemed as old as Mayor Namjoon. His hair was a sandy shade of blonde and he had a kind face. “I’m Jooyeon, hyung,” I introduced, bowing low. “Pleasure to meet you, Jooyeon,” the man replied, “I’m Daniel.” “Daniel?” I inquired, confused, “You’re not from around here?” “Oh, no, I am from Mirotic City,” Daniel replied, tousling his hair, “Daniel is my stage name.” “Stage name?” I asked, as I took in his appearance to recollect if I had seen him on Instagram or someplace similar. “Yeah, it’s actually Kang Daniel-” “OH MY GOD KANG DANIEL THAT’S YOU??!!” I asked, clearly shocked. I had looked up to the man all my life. He had a pretty voice and was a good dancer. Daniel laughed. “OH MY THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING I’M A FAN, HYUNG!” I exclaimed, really excited. “Well, nice to meet you, Jooyeon,” the idol replied, smiling awkwardly. Just then, I heard Junhan call me. “Sorry hyung, I gotta go,” I said before hurriedly leaving. “See ya around, Jooyeon,” Daniel said before walking back to his tent. 

======