P.O.V - Chaewon

The next day dawned much worse than the previous day. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I could still feel the dried tears on my face. Yesterday was horrible. Eunchae dead...

My heart ached at the mere thought of it. I wanted to do something and help, but being my status as a Kim, something which I hadn't even revealed to my bandmates, I couldn't do much. I felt broken and torn apart on the inside. Suddenly, one of Mayor Namjoon's bandmates lightly tapped the side of the tent. "Chaewon?" he said, his voice honey-like, making me wonder if he was a Jeon. "Yeah?" I said, clambering out of the tent to see a young doe-eyed man with brown hair. "Namjoon hyung just told us to get packing," the man said, "We're moving out and spending our trip somewhere else." I blinked twice, unable to comprehend what was going on. "What?" I finally managed to get out. "It's hyung's orders," the other man said, "Wake your members up." He then gave me a significant look, almost one of pity, before walking away to inform the others. I was surprised. I instantly woke up everyone else with a burst of light (credits to the Im I had no choice but to kill for the power). "What's wrong with you, Chae unnie?" Yunjin complained, rubbed her eyes. "We're out of here," I explained, stuffing things hurriedly into our bags, "We're moving out." The other three girls instantly helped, packing things hurriedly and making sure nothing was left behind with the speed of a Choi.

~~~

Soon, we had grabbed most of our stuff and were speeding towards the place where we had parked our minivans. We were also accompanied by five older girls who were in the dance group Red Velvet. We were almost there when we stopped dead in our tracks. The hope I had felt was gone. All our minivans were wrecked, not even a scrap survived. "No..." I mumbled, falling to my knees. "Fuck," one of the Red Velvet members cursed. "What now?" asked Sakura, her voice rising in panic. "I don't know, kid," replied the girl who had found Eunchae dead in the first place, "Any Chois here?" "Someone mentioned my surname?" asked a pretty Taiwanese girl who had just arrived with her eight friends and was staring, mouth open, at the ruins of the vans. "We need someone to tell Mayor Namjoon this, unnie," I said. "Leave it to me," the girl said, and instantly sped to the other side.

Namjoon arrived a minute later. In that gap, a couple of other groups arrived, taking in the scene. "Holy fuck," the mayor muttered under his breath. He turned to his boyfriend, a pretty older man with smooth black hair and broad shoulders. "We can't do anything at this rate," the mayor said dejectedly, "We'd better stay here for some time. Yoongi hyung, call Lee Hyun sunbaenim for me, tell him what the situation is." A mint-haired cat-like person nodded and stepped aside, dialling a number all the while.

Namjoon then turned to me. He asked, "How did this happen?" "No idea, sunbaenim," I replied, "We just got here and the minivans are scrapped." "We were with them too," the blonde-haired maknae added. "Yeri's right, sunbae," said the older black-haired girl. Namjoon's face tensed. I had never seen him so stressed.

The man named Yoongi returned a few minutes later, his face dejected. "Well?" Namjoon asked, his face so hopeful it hurt. Yoongi shook his head. "The vans are only available after the 31st. Some group named NCT rented them." "NCT?" Namjoon repeated, "Why would they need nine vans?" "23 members in the group," Yoongi explained. Namjoon sighed. "That explains it." Silence settled over the citizens like an ominous cloud. "So, what do we do now?" the red-haired leader of ENHYPEN, the Webtoon creator group, asked. Namjoon didn't respond. "We'd better stay here, but be careful wherever we go into the deeper wood," his boyfriend replied, his tone authoritative. We all agreed and left, wondering who would want us dead so badly they'd take away our means of escape.

=======