P.O.V - Kang Daniel

I met the Mayor with two others, one girl I recognized as Seulgi from the dance group Red Velvet and another boy who seems like one of the members of TOMORROW X TOGETHER. We were to meet the mayor by the minivans. Dusk was setting in, and the sound of crickets began to fill the air. I leaned on one of the minivans, disturbed. I had had a vision that very morning that things were gonna go downhill, and I suspected that was what Mayor Namjoon had called us there for. "So, Daniel hyung," asked the blonde boy, his wide eyes looking at me in confusion, "You weren't the only one who saw it?" I nodded. "All the Kangs here had seen it, unless they were a Kim in disguise, of course." My heart jolted at the mention of that surname. Kims were highly feared, but I never saw a reason why. Nevertheless, I always had a small fear whenever I locked eyes with a Kim, fear of my power leaving me, fear of dying...

Namjoon arrived a minute later, his calm and collected nature making me jealous. "Thanks for coming," he said hurriedly, "We'd better cut to the chase on this matter. Did you all foresee anything?" "We all did, Mayor," Seulgi said, "I saw a blurred image of bodies in the denser wood." Namjoon frowned. "Any more details?" he asked. "They all bore horrifying scars, hyung," the blonde boy said, "And they look absolutely massacred." Namjoon asked, "Any others? Like who the killer was?" We all shook our heads. "One thing though," I said, a previous detail popping in my head, "Whoever the killer is, they are a really good hider. They are able to blend in with the dense vegetation here." Namjoon nodded, his expression confused and tense, and left without another word. We weren't sure if we should return to our tents, so we stayed there, nervous and anxious.

A pink-haired boy came running towards the minivans after a small while. The blonde boy looked up attentively. The older skidded to a halt, panting. "Taehyun," he said, "We'd better move. Did hyung let you off?" The boy named Taehyun shrugged. "Don't know, Yeonjun hyung," he said, "But don't wait for me. You guys finish your dinner, I'll be there in some time." Yeonjun looked at Taehyun in concern, but then headed off to his tent.

We waited for a couple more minutes for Namjoon to return. It was starting to get darker as twilight gave way to nighttime. Soon, the mayor returned, looking really tired and dishevelled. "You guys can go now," he said tiredly, "Thank you." "Goodnight, hyung," said Taehyun, and then we all dispersed.

~~~

I went into the tent I shared with Jieun and Jessi. Both of them saw me enter and asked, "Well?" I sighed. "No clue on what's going on, noonas," I said dejectedly, Jieun gulped nervously, pulling her legs up to her chest. "It was so horrifying, wasn't it?" she said, "The girl was only a teenager, and she was apparently really talented." "It really is frightening," Jessi added, fidgeting with her hands, "But we haven't got leads on who did it." "I know," I said, "And it was physical infliction. No Kim could've done that unless they went nuts." "Or it could be power malfunctions," Jieun suggested, "I've read about those, and they can get to fatal levels." "Whatever the cause may be," Jessi said firmly, "Daniel, next time you see something like this, run out and tell Mayor Namjoon."

======