Chapter 10: A King vs. A Hidden Genius

(Y/N) dibbled forward with Barou, using his strength and height to force (Y/N) back. (Y/N) would slightly slide back and proceed forward with ultra-fast scissors catching Barou off guard. He performed an air elastico causing Barou to stumble slightly before forcing his body weight into Barou. He uses his right foot and performs a Marseille Turn. Barou charges forward, attempting to catch up, as (Y/N) brings the ball back and performs a heel flick, much like Barou had done to Isagi, however unlike what Baoru had done, (Y/N) stuck his right foot and trapped the ball, before bringing it back. Barou had to dig his foot to change his momentum quickly and stay in front of (Y/N). The two faced off, Barou slightly pissed now and (Y/N) with a shit-eating grin.

"What's wrong, King? Is this peasant making you work for the ball?"

"Tch. You're in my way."

"I may not be ranked the highest, but don't underestimate me."

(Y/N) charged forward again, pushing his back into Barou. Barou slightly backed off, expecting (Y/N) to perform a roulette; however, (Y/N) sent a pass to Bachira, who was coming down the sideline. (Y/N) slipped out and ran towards the left goalpost, with Barou tugging at his jersey. Bachira makes eye contact with (Y/N) before sticking his tongue out. "This is where you want it, right?"

Bachira sends a high pass as Barou continues to follow (Y/N) closely behind. Seeing the ball too high, expecting it to go out of bounds, Barou slows down. However, (Y/N) jumps, trapping the ball with his back and catching Barou off guard. (Y/N) now behind Barou makes a quick turn and aims to kick it, as Barou slides forward to attempt to clear it. (Y/N) instead taps the ball, giving Barou a cold glare as he watches as Barou slides past him. (Y/N) dribbled forward as the goalie ran up on (Y/N). The boy looks at Bachira, causing the goalie to hesitate, thinking (Y/N) was passing, as (Y/N) flicks the ball up and performs a bicycle kick to the top right corner. The goalie stood frozen as (Y/N)'s shot flew straight and true. The speakers blared. The teams watched as (Y/N) approached Barou, crouching before his face. "What's wrong, king? How does it feel to watch a peasant like me score against a king like you? Do you feel like the shitty loser now?" Barou grew a tick mark and stood up, shoulder-bump the boy before returning the ball to the middle. Team Z 1 and Team X 1. A king vs. a hidden genius. 

Kuon gathered the team and, much like Team X did, focused their offense on (Y/N). Despite (Y/N) scoring two goals and Bachira scoring one, Team Z was falling behind 8 to 3. (Y/N) and Bachira were a dangerous duo who could pass, shoot, and dribble. Not to mention (Y/N) was like a Swiss army knife with a midfielder allowing him to be both an offensive weapon and defensive wall. However, Team Z was the weaker team overall and needed to work on the teamwork aspect. Raichi and Kunigami would fight over the ball, the other players didn't play defense well, and Igaguri, well...it's Igaguri. Iemon got bombarded with multiple shots as (Y/N) tried his best to cover Barou but occasionally had to switch to contest shots. Overall, there was nothing they could do. (Y/N) could contest shots, but if he left Barou open, he would score, but if he covered Barou, another player would score. With three minutes left and Team Z almost out of gas, there was no way Team Z could catch up. It was their loss. (Y/N), Bachira and Isagi met in the middle as Isagi set down the ball. (Y/N) had his hands on his knees, breathing heavily. 

"Aahhh...We're just running in circles...There's no way we can get 5 points in three minutes," Bachira complained.

"Ah...Ah...I'm not sure how long I can keep this up for," replied (Y/N) as he sat on the field. He points to his leg as Isagi helps him stretch out his leg.

"You should lay back (Y/N). You've done the most running around and helping out in every position. At this point, there's no way for us to catch up. If anything, you could cause an even worse cramp or an injury," explained Isagi.