Chapter 29: Grand Stage

(Y/N) ties his mismatched-colored shoes and pulls down on his glove before letting out a deep sigh. He jumps around and psyches himself out. 

"Look! How do I look?" Bachira asks.

"It suits you," Isagi responds. "It's the first time I've felt so nonchalant about a Blue Lock Uniform."

"Yep~. It's like our time has finally come."

"We really get to play the U-20 team," Chigiri brings up. "We've made it to a crazy place, huh?"

"Who would've thought," (Y/N) ponders.

"But today isn't the end...It's just the beginning for us," Bachira states.

"Yeah," Isagi responds.

"Let's show the world what we've been working on. Let's make our mark!" (Y/N) shouts.

The doors sound as Ego walks in. "Hey, sorry I'm late. I was agonizing over this right up to the end, but...I've decided out sub members."

"We're allowed four subs max

"We're allowed four subs max. Control yourself and be ready...to enter the match at any time. These past two weeks...you've succeeded in becoming...a team capable of winning this match. The world doesn't know you yet...Don't you think this is the ultimate stage? Use these ninety minutes to change your destinies. Blue Lock will win. Today, carve your egos into the world."

The team cheers as they walk out into the hallway to see the U-20 team waiting.

"Ah! The Blue Lock guys are here!" one player says.

The opponents start talking as Isagi follows behind by (Y/N), standing next to Aiku.

"That Shidou guy...used to be your teammate, right? Sorry, but he's not gonna play today."

"That will be a mistake," (Y/N) says without blinking.

"Oh? Well, aren't you an interesting one. We're not gonna let you score. Let's have a good game, Blue Lock."

"Yeah," Isagi says.

The teams walk out to see a cheering crowd filling the arena.

Isagi and (Y/N) look around before responding, "Holy, Shit.."

Aiku laughs. "Don't get cold feet...Blue Lock."

The crowd cheers, "Japan!" and "Sae Itoshi!" 

The cameras pan to Sae Itoshi as (Y/N) throws his arms over Bachira and Isagi, along with a smirk across his face. "These people are all here to watch the prodigy Sae...I wonder what expression they would make if we hijack this game and win?"

Bachira laughs, "Let's do it!"

Isagi smirks, "We're the ones who will win!"

In the announcer's box, one younger (Atsuto Tereasa) and one older (Harutaro Natsuki) announcer looks toward the field.

"The country's eyes are fixed on this match!" says Atsuto. "What do you think about this packed stadium, Natsuki-san?!"

"It doesn't get better than this! I can't believe it..." He says while jumping out of his chair. "The one and only Sae Itoshi is playing today!! The whole world is watching!!"

"Without further ado, here are both team's formations! As expected, our star, Sae Itoshi, is in the lower central position! This match is being presented live from Blue Lock Stadium...and it's almost time for KICK-OFF!"

(Y/N) gets to his spot left of Rin Itoshi as he jumps around, trying to stay warm. He makes eye contact with Yukimiya, nodding his head in response, before his attention is taken away from someone tapping his shoulder. He looks over to see some white hair standing over him. 

"What's up, Nagi?"

"Yo, (Y/N). We'll win today, right?"

"I don't know, Nagi, but I'm sure as hell excited. You feel it, too, right? The rush of adrenaline, the spike of ecstasy?"

"Yeah...I don't want the story to end. I want to play with you again!"

"Ha. Then let's win."

Reo looked at the pair from the sidelines. However, he wasn't mad. He smirked. Maybe there was one more spot to make the duo...a trio.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Locker Room

The team looked shocked as Igaguri stated, "Shidou isn't..." 

"On their starting lineup?!" Nanase finished.

"Why not?" Raichi asked. "Who do they think they are?"

"They don't get along with him either, huh?" Hiori added.

"Well, that could be...Don't sweat it," Ego stated. "In any case, it doesn't change what you have to do."

"But what about the rising star in Joey? He's not starting either!" Raichi yells. "Is the U-20 team not taking us seriously!!"

Ego shrugs. "No matter who they start or bench. Nothing matters. Just execute the plan...you lumps of talent. The attack formation will be focused around (Y/N), Isagi, and Rin. You'll set up a central triangle pattern as your base. The basis for our formation this time around...is a 4-5-1 pattern, with Rin in the front. But think of this as our defensive structure. When we're attacking, the central key man, Tabito Karasu, will fall back a position between the two center backs to give us three backs. The two fullbacks, Bachira and Chigiri, will move up, and we'll use a 3-6-1 pattern and attack with our nitro formation, with players clustered in the center. This is only possible because we're an all-striker team. It's a variable formation that can score from anywhere. The ultra-offensive 'Blue Lock System.'"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KICKOFF!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter!!! Please don't yell at me! I might have accidentally not spaced it out correctly, but don't worry! No more delays! The next match will be the U-20 match. The time you've been waiting for.