Chapter 25: Copycat

Top Six VIP Room

"In the matches up until now

"In the matches up until now...you all have proven yourselves to be, without a doubt...Blue Lock's Elite," Ego states. "A, B, and C. These combinations I've thought up are...experimental super attack pairs. Show me the new attack patterns you can't create on your own. Think of the other player as a tool to help you become the world's best. And even if you mess up...don't let anyone outside of the top six steal your spot. All of you are on Blue Lock's pinnacle. Be aware that what you create here...will become a blade to destroy the status quo of Japanese soccer. I want to see your defiance."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blue Lock Halls

(Y/N) walks out of the bathroom and down the halls of Blue Lock with his PJs. He contemplated speaking to Bachira about choosing a team they would play on, yet knowing Bachira, he was probably already sleeping. The boy sighed as he made his way toward the monitor room. If he couldn't decide what team, he might as well watch his potential teammates. Perhaps he would go on Team B...that's if they proved to be better than Shidou or Nagi...Doubt it.

(Y/N) was surprised as Isagi ran out of the room with determination. "What's that about?"

He quickly peered in, seeing Reo sitting down with a somber face. "What's wrong, sheltered princess?"

Reo turns around, seeing (Y/N) walking towards him. "Tch. It's just you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"..."

"Whatever. What's the problem? Isagi bully you or something?"

"...What should I do?"

"Hm?"

"I was talking to Isagi, and he seems to have chosen his team, but I'm still unsure. Nagi's so far in front of me...I can't ever be by his side. I feel lost."

The room is suddenly quiet. A few minutes pass as Reo hears a chuckle. (Y/N) starts hysterically laughing. "Hahahahaha! You're confused because you can't catch up to Nagi? Really?! That's what you've been sad about. Man. You really are a simp!"

"What?!"

"Look, my best friend left to play for Royale, and I complained about it for a couple of hours. How long has it been for you? Almost a week? You're an all-around player. If you can't figure out what to do with your abilities, forget about Blue Lock. You're not made to be a striker, let alone stand next to that genius."

Reo gives a conflicting look before balling his hands. "Hey, (Y/N)."

"What now?" The boy replies with a slightly annoyed tone. He turns around to see Reo with a hand out forward. "Hm?"

"Do you remember what I asked you in our match before Blue Lock?"

(Y/N) ponders before smirking. "Oh? I guess there are no excuses this time, huh? Don't come crying to me if you can't keep up."