Chapter 33: God Slayer

Darai, Neru, and Niou are all breathing hard as Aiku comes over and apologizes.

"Aiku, if even you couldn't stop it, I guess there's no helping it..." Niou replies. 

"Yep. Seems like I underestimated them."

Sae looks at Sendou. "How many times are you gonna miss? You idol-marrying brat."

"Huh?"

"This is what happens when you have the chance to score, and you mess it up. You brought this on us, you bungler striker."

"G...Gimme a break! Yeah, they stole the ball from me...But it's not like it's all my fault..."

"Don't pass the blame. Here's an order from the guy making chances for you...'Score A Goal.' If we lose, then those guys...will steal your representative status, right?"

"Guh..."

"Though...It's not like I care."

"We can't let it...end like this," Chou says, cracking his finger.

"Use me more, Sae," Kitsunezato adds, tightening his bun.

"Can I move up a position?" Hayate questions.

"Yeah. Let's catch up in the first half," Wakatsuki responds, wiping off his sweat.

"Hmph. Looks like they finally lit a fire under you, softies," Sae coldly responds.

"Let's keep going, guys," Aiku says. "Until the time in the half runs out. Consider it ours."

The U-20 team, with a newfound confidence, leaks off a new aura, looking to tie up the Blue Lock XI.

"Only three minutes left in the first half! This match was considered a shoo-in for the U-20 reps...But the Blue Lock Eleven have taken the lead!! Will they be able to stave off his U-20's attacks until the end of the half?!"

As the game restarts, the majority of the U-20 defenders rush toward offense in an attempt to overwhelm the Blue Lock XI. The U-20 team creates a passing line with Sae in the middle and pushes forward past Karasu and Rin. Sae lobs a pass over Rin, with Kitsunezato trapping with his chest to control the ball.

"Bring it, foxy," Bachira says, pressing up.

"That's the plan, Buzzing Bee."

The conversation is cut short as (Y/N) gives a slight nudge with his forearm. "You stopped moving."

The front line of Yukimiya, Rin, Isagi, and (Y/N) fall back to bolster the defense, leaving Nagi up in case of a counter. Bachira runs to try to steal the ball as Kitsunezato, but unfortunately, Chou receives a pass while running down the sideline.

Chou dribbles forward and aims up a kick as Niko slides in. Chou slightly changes his shot course, giving Gagamaru the chance to punch the ball. The second ball falls to Sae just outside the right side of the penalty area as Bachira and Isagi meet him there. They box him in as Sae feints right, splitting Bachira and Isagi, before rapidly bringing the ball back and dribbling down the middle. 

Sae gives a crazy cross to Sendou, who aims up a shot course. He grits his teeth, imagining becoming the hero of the story before hearing the word "LUKEWARM!"

Rin dashes to Sendou before kicking the ball out of Sendou's reach. "With a pass like that, you don't...HAVE A RIGHT TO PRATTLE ABOUT THE 'WORLD'S BEST,' YOU SHITTY BIG BROTHER!!!"

The loose ball pops up before falling slowly to Sae. Karasu runs toward it as (Y/N) proceeds to slide to stop the shot. "Don't get in my way. YOU PAIN-IN-THE-ASS LITTLE BROTHER." Sae takes the shot as Aryu tries to reach his foot out to stop it. However, the ball hits the top post as Gagamaru lets out a small sigh.