Chapter 11: Steak!

Team Z rattles off their weapons with tackling, dribbling, all-rounder, left-leg power shot, and a 'never give up' attitude, to name a few.

(A/N: If you can name the players I mentioned from their weapons without cheating, you deserve a cookie.)

Kuon writes them down, going down the checklist of players. "Mine is my jumping. Who's next? Isagi?"

"Well, my weapon? Oh, I wonder what it is..."

"Your passing?" replies Igaguri.

"No, I can't say that as a striker."

"The fact you don't even know means you're doomed. Next!" Raichi replies. 

"Wait, hold on..."

"Well, tell us when you think of something," says Kuon before turning to Chigiri.

"Not telling," says the redhead boy, tucking in his legs.

"But that's the whole point of this conversation," Igaguri retorts.

"I know, but I don't want to say it," 

"What the hell? Let's just ignore the selfish princess over there," Raichi exclaims.

"Guess we'll have to. Anyway, a striker needs a powerful weapon, and how you use it is important," Kuon explains.

"But if everyone just does what they want, won't it end up like the last game?" Iemon questions.

"Can we really win by doing what Ego told us to?" Gagamaru adds.

"Even with weapons, if we aren't coordinated, they're meaningless. Can't we devise a strategy where all of us can shine or something?" says Isagi.

"I see. Yeah, this might work. This way, we'll all get an equal chance. With this strategy, we might win. It's called...Operation 'Next Up, It's Me' Eleven!'" says Kuon.

"Hey! Is someone missing?" Igaguri ponders.

Kuon double-checks the list to see one person, besides Isagi, without a weapon. "(Y/N)."

"What is his weapon?" Isagi thinks as the whole team, besides Bachira, who had long fallen asleep, questions.

"Maybe it's his trapping ability?" asks Kunigami.

"But he's also an all-rounder with above-par athleticism," adds Iemon.

"What about his dribbling?" says Gagamaru.

"No! It's gotta be his ability to curve the ball!" Igaguri shouts.

"Do you know Isagi?" Kuon questions. "You seem the closest to him out of all of us.

"I'm not sure. I've never seen him ranked or play outside of Blue Lock. He said he played fullback, but I've never seen a fullback curve a ball or play like him." Isagi thinks back to when (Y/N) apologized to Bachira. "I remember he apologized to Bachira."

"Huh?! And what the hell is that suppose to do with his weapon?!" Raichi shouts.

"Well, uh-"

"I wouldn't worry too much about (Y/N). He seems to look like he can fit anywhere," says Bachira with a yawn. 

Kuon nods his head. "At this stage, having him at midfield, with him taking both an aggressive and defensive position in the middle, will be best case scenario. It should be sufficient for him because it gives him a chance to score and be a playmaker while allowing him to play more defensively, like his old position as a fullback. Does anyone disagree or want to challenge that?" No one steps up, so Kuon writes it down.