Chapter 21: Change of Mind

The tv showed all their names. However, (Y/N)'s eyes were only on Number 4, Ranze Kurona.

The formation was (Y/N) in the middle, Shidou on the left, and Igaguri on the right. Igaguri passed to (Y/N) as the latter dribbled down the field. Their number 17 was placed on (Y/N), 14 on Shidou, and 4 on Igaguri. (Y/N) proceeded with ultra-fast scissors before making performing a roulette. Number 17 had trouble keeping up, and Shidou ran horizontally down the field. (Y/N) did a heel pass to Shidou, who easily scored, putting the team 1-0. The two high-fived as they placed the ball back in the middle.

Number 17 passed to 14, who linked up with Kurona as the two tore through the defense. Number 14 took a shot as Igaguri jumped up and blocked the ball with his face. The loose ball fell to (Y/N), who slowly dribbled up. Kurona was quick and good at short passes, linking up quickly and running a two-on-one counter. How interesting.

"Kurona! Switch with me!" shouted Number 17, seeing (Y/N) come up the field.

Kurona switched with Number 17, (Y/N) had more trouble passing Kurona, so he passed to Igaguri. Igaguri did scissor feints. However, it was painfully obvious due to his torso which way he was going. Number 17 pounced on the opportunity to steal while Igaguri filled, causing VAR to call a foul.

"What the hell was that? I didn't even touch him!" Number 17 complained.

Igaguri quickly passed to Shidou, who trapped the ball and returned it to (Y/N). Kurona stood firmly in front as (Y/N) dribbled slightly until he was 18 meters away and launched a right power shot comparable to Kunigami's lefty power shot. The ball flew right into the goal as the score read 2-0.

Shidou was getting bored at this point, and (Y/N) walked back to the middle. Number 17 called a new formation, and (Y/N) didn't even bother stopping them. Shidou was playing carelessly as well. Number 17 scored and hyped himself up.

"Great job..." (Y/N) said, bored, as he returned the ball to the middle. Kurona played slightly back, knowing (Y/N)'s golden goal zone. "How unfortunate...Guess I'll use this instead..." (Y/N) passed to Shidou, who quickly passed back. (Y/N) took a step back before copying Rin's Perfect Kick Accuracy as it launched to the top right, scoring, making it 3-1. (Y/N) yawned as Shidou started to get upset.

Kurona passed to Number 17 as the latter moved the ball up. (Y/N) quickly stole it as Number 17 looked in shock. (Y/N) quickly kicked it as he scored, making it 4-1. He looked back, saying, "Really? How did you guys pass so quickly?" Number 17 was about to confront (Y/N) until Shidou kicked him in the head. He started stomping on him as (Y/N) took a seat and watched.

Eventually, Igaguri, Kurona, and Number 14 stopped him as Number 17 held his bloody nose. "What in the hell is wrong with you!"

Shidou shrugged. "You weren't making my heart go boom...so you can just die!" he said with a crazed grin.

The VAR system penalized Shidou with a red card. Shidou didn't care as he took a seat by the sidelines. Number 17 took the free kick, scoring quickly as he cheered again. He knew that if they lost, he would undoubtedly get picked since he scored the most. (Y/N) dribbled the ball up as Kurona and Number 14 now double-covered him. He passed to Igaguri as Number 17 backed up. Igaguri quickly charged into the lane and launched a kick that bounced off the side post. Number 17 got the second ball and pushed up for a counter. He linked up with Kurona easily, leaving Igaguri behind before shooting. He smiled, but it quickly turned to frown as (Y/N) trapped the high-velocity ball with his foot.

"Pathetic," the boy said, bored. He dribbled up and past Number 14 before facing Kurona one-on-one. He proceeded with ultra-fast scissors as the boy kept up. (Y/N) looked in curiosity before lobbing the ball up. He jumped, trapping the ball with his back, and nutmegged Kurona before reaching the midfield. Number 17 stood in front. "You think you can stop me?" (Y/N) asked.

Number 17 shivered but ultimately stood firm. (Y/N) copied Rin's kick again, curving the ball. However, this time, Kurona could save it with a diving header. 

Number 14 got the second ball and dribbled down, with Number 17 behind. Number 17 was a bit shaken up, but recovered quickly. Kurona soon joined them as they tore through Igaguri, and (Y/N) and Number 14 scored. The score was 4-2. Igaguri passed to (Y/N) as (Y/N) was triple-teamed. (Y/N) was unable to pass it to Igaguri as Kurona stole it and passed it to Number 17. (Y/N) was forced back by both Kurona and Number 14 as Number 17 scored against Igaguri. They were forcefully pushing (Y/N) back and attacked Igaguri. 

On the sidelines, Shidou was in a world of his own. This game had given him no interest. He closed his eyes, hoping his imagination would fulfill his boredom.

Meanwhile, on the field, they tried triple-teaming (Y/N) again. However, he was able to get the pass off to Igaguri. Igaguri, with a wide lane, kicked the ball. However, Blue Lock Man quickly saved it and passed it to Kurona. Kurona and Number 14 linked up, tearing through (Y/N) as the boy desperately tried to defend. Number 17 came from the side and had an easy tap-in as the score was now tied.

Number 17 cheered in happiness. It was a complete 360 of his attitude. Meanwhile, (Y/N) was slightly aggravated. Shidou had purposely forfeited himself, and now he was stuck with Igaguri. Igaguri passed to (Y/N) as he assessed the situation. He started with ultra-fast scissors as Number 14 tried to throw him off center. (Y/N) lifted the ball over Kurona and nutmegged Number 14 before aiming for a shot. Number 17 slid over and blocked the shot as he got the second ball. 

Shidou had opened his eyes to see (Y/N)'s shot blocked as he stood to walk away down the hallway. However, he quickly looked back to the field, waiting to see which teammates would join him. He knew his team wouldn't be the victors.

The three went full counter as Igaguri tried stopping them. Kurona passed to Number 14, who aimed up a shot. He launched the ball top right. However, (Y/N) came from seemingly nowhere and trapped the ball with the side of his foot. Shidou laughed before smirking. "I like you...(Y/N) (L/N)."

(Y/N) eyes let out an aura. "I'm bored of this fucking game." (Y/N) quickly countered, not even focusing on Igaguri's open lane. The three planned to rush him. Number 14 was the first to reach. (Y/N) lobbed it over his head before quickly sliding back as Number 14 fell on his back. Number 17 and Kurona reached him and tried to pincher him, only for (Y/N) to do a roulette between them. Kurona shifted his feet to close the gap. However, (Y/N) used the opportunity to push Kurona off balance as the boy crashed into Number 17. The three players sat watching (Y/N) dribble toward their goal. 

Igaguri cheered, expecting to win his first match of the second selection. However, that never happened. (Y/N) stopped as he reached the penalty area. He put his foot on the ball before kicking it slightly forward. (Y/N) shoved his arms in his pockets before walking off the field. Everyone was shocked. Shidou, on the other hand, just tilted his head with a slight smile. "Oh."

(Y/N) walked up to Number 17, grabbing his hair and lifting him up to his feet. "Don't fucking pick me or Shidou, you pathetic pieces of trash." He gave a cold glare as Number 17's legs collapsed under him. (Y/N) didn't know what he was feeling, but something told him to follow Shidou. He walked to Shidou, as the two stared at each other. "Shidou...Let's have some fun."

Shidou gave a crazy grin. "You're the boss." (Y/N) walked down the hallway as Shidou waved before following behind. "See you later~" The two disappeared down the 'loser' hall as the sound of a goal was heard.