Chapter 22: Hero Killer

Kunigami and Reo walked down the stairs, frustrated. Kunigami knew that they had to win the next game. Reo wasn't in the best mind space, and Kunigami was deciding whether to play a good team or a team they could win against. However, he was broken out of this thought as they saw a bunch of players running out and crowding around the entrance. 

"What's that...?" Reo asked.

"There are people by the entrance. Oi, what's going on here?" Kunigami asked.

"Well, this is the way to the 2v2 matching room," one replied. "But this one dude is going nuts in there, so we can't get in."

"He's just beating up anyone who won't agree to face him in a match! And his partner isn't even stopping him!" an injured player complained.

"Huh? What the hell?" Kunigami questioned.

"If I recall correctly...He was the top scorer in my stratum during the first selection..." a player stated. "Shidou Ryusei."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) is seen sitting with his eyes closed. "How many hours has it been? I'm so bored. Isn't there anything interesting?"

"Hey. There's nobody left anymore," Ryusei whined. "What're we gonna do (Y/N)-Chan." He was holding someone by their head, gripping it hard.

"P-please...Let go! You're going to crack my skull!" a shorter player pleaded.

"Hey, (Y/N). Permission to carry out Operation Walnut Crack?" Shidou asked.

"Denied," the boy responded.

Shidou immediately let go, but not without a slight whine. "Calling off Operation Walnut Crack."

"Jeez! How can you expect anyone to play against you?! You're so violent that we're all scared of playing against you! Didn't you learn after receiving a red card your last match?!" the shorter player shouted.

"Well, that's because that game wasn't making my heart explode. So I decided to light the fuse myself. Isn't that way you joined me (Y/N)?" Shidou said with a grin. (Y/N) shook his head.

"You're both fucking crazy! You'll never become the best striker in the world like this!"

"Crazy?" (Y/N) questioned. (Y/N) stood up, grabbing the short kid's hair and pulling it up. "Yeah," he said with a crazed grin. "We're crazy...and unfortunately for you...I'm not the most sane right now." He threw the kid to Shidou. "Operation Walnut Crack is a go," he calmly commanded with a thumbs up.

"Ohh! Nice!" Shidou smiled before raising his leg up. "Well! Resuming Operation Walnut Crack!"

"An Axe Kick?!" the short kid said with fear. "Wai....I'll die!!"

Shidou simply smiled, "Anyone who can't keep up with my explosions, can just die."

However, before the kick could land, Kunigami jumped in, taking the brunt of the kick with his arm. "That's enough, you psychopath."

Shidou whistled with a curious expression. "The hero makes his appearance."

Shidou quickly jumps and spins his body as Reo calls out to Kunigami. Kunigami braced himself crossing his arms in an X-shape as the kick made him slide back. Shidou grinned as (Y/N) held him back. "That's enough, Shidou. I never granted you permission for Operation Ichigo."

"Operation Ichigo? Whatever!" Shidou faced Kunigami with a huge grin still on his face. "Not bad, Hero. How about it? Let's play a match."

Kunigami slowly looked up. "You won't get a rise out of me like that...I was just helping an innocent player."