Chapter 1 - intro

I take a deep breath.

Inhale 2 3 4

Hold 5

Exhale 6 7 8

Remember those breath exercises jisung

This is the moment.

"Oh it's loading sungie." A voice from behind me rings out in excitement. A gentle hand now placed on my shoulder.

My eyes shoot open, the breathing exercise long gone. My focus falling on the dreadful loading symbol being the only thing between me and my future.

And of course the wifi has to be horrible at this very moment because that loading button takes a century.

At least that's what it feels like in these nervous moments.

I close my eyes again and put my hands together, praying to whatever being is out there. I'm not the most religious but desperate times call for desperate measures. Everything I worked hard for has led me to this moment.

A high pitched scream from behind me causes me to open my eyes again. The loading screen gone, only to reveal a big congratulations banner across the page.

"SUNGIE YOU GOT IN!!" My mother squeals, tears already falling down her face. She jumps in excitement.

I did it

I really did it.

OMG I GOT IN

"AHH MOM PINCH ME!!" I out of my chair and start jumping around with my mom, screaming like little kids.

We stop for a moment, pausing our screaming as she takes to fingers and squeezes my cheeks in them.

"Ow"

She gasps and we stare at eachother for a brief moment, before going back to screaming and jumping.

"HOLY SHIT MOM IT ACTUALLY HURT"

"WOOHOO" The laptop long forgotten on the desk beside us. Our neighbors probably dialing the police for a noise complaint by now, but who the hell cares. I'm a genius.

"AHH CONGRATULATIONS IM SO PROUD OF YOU BABY." She kisses my forehead through our giggling.

I finally did it.

I finally got into Seoul Scholars academy.

☜༶⋆❀⋆༶☞

"So your saying you want to get rid of me?"

His eyes go wide as I boringly stare at my fingernails, wanting this to be over.

"No no Minho.. it's just.. we want you to have the best education possible." My father quickly explains, my stepmother sitting beside him, nodding to everything he says.

I roll my eyes as they continue on, telling me about my new school I'm going to be attending. One in Seoul. Like this is definitely just an excuse to get me out the house, even an idiot like me can tell.

We sit in the dining room in my fathers grand mansion, my step mother also joining us for a "nice" dinner.

Atleast it was supposed to be a nice dinner, until he brung up his plan to kick me out. I liked my boring rich life, one free of worries. Well, most worries. And now he decides I need to go to Seoul for some random ass school.

Like I would ever listen.

"... and not to mention they have great extra curriculars- Minho-ah are you even listening?"