Chapter 2 - Leaving momma bird

"You got your phone right?"

"Yes mom I wouldn't forget it."

"Right because your on it all the time."

"Did you really have to say that." I side eye my mom as I struggle to pull suitcases out the door. Maybe I packed a little more than necessary, but I'm going to be there until the holidays so I need to have everything.

Well it's finally moving day!

So exciting!

Woohoo time to leave my single mother alone for a school year!

Yay!

If you haven't noticed, this is a not so yay moment.

I woke up bright and early today to get everything ready for this moment, my dream school just a train away.

"Oh my baby's growing up so fast! I still remember when you peed your pants on the bus rides home from school." My mother squeals standing in the doorway, "And now your going on a 4 hour train." Tears brim her eyes.

"Mommmm"

I finally get all the suitcases out the house, my train should be arriving in half and hour and this damn Uber is taking its time.

So I stand on my tiptoes, hoping to look over some trees in the distance and see a car cruising our way. I wasn't really blessed with height, and so I still kind of look like the bus peeing kid my mother remembers me as.

Suddenly I hear clicks from behind me, causing me to stop my search and turn to face my mother.

"Wah my son is so handsome."

"Mom you took pictures of my back, while I was on my toes."

"So handsome."

I roll my eyes and we laugh before the dams open and our tears start pouring out like waterfalls. I've been trying to hold it in all day, but I'm going to really fucking miss my mom.

We have been through everything together and she's my best friend. I never thought I would be leaving her so soon, but I worked so hard to get into this school. I'm going to make sure this leads me to a good college, and I'll come to back to take care of my mother with the bank I'll be making.

But I still can't help but worry for her, she's all by herself. I know I'll be in a new city and a new world, but my poor mother will be in the same world, just without me in it.

I pull her in for tight hug, one of those hugs that you think could break a rib or two. And we dramatically sob.

"Mommmm"

"Sungieeeee"

We cry out eachothers names while hugging on the doorstep, not realizing the Uber driver has been behind us for quite some time. Weirded out by our long ass hugging cermony.

I pull away and look at my mother one last time, before I turn to get into the car. I put all the suitcases into the trunk and get into the back seat, wiping my still falling tears.

Just remember jisung

You worked hard for this.

"Wait Sungie! You forgot your teddy bear!" My mom yells from the house, still being heard by me and my Uber driver as we exchange glances. The embarrassment rising to my red cheeks

"Ugh mommmmm."

☜༶⋆❀⋆༶☞

"Okay I'll go"

"W-what?" My father comepletly surprised by my cooperation. This has definitely never been this easy for him. He was probably expecting another snarky comeback and then I would storm off like I did yesterday.

"I said I'll go old man, are you finally getting to the deaf age?"

"Woah... no Minho-ah that was rude. I'm just surprised you actually listened to me."

"Hey what's that supposed to mean-"

"So I really don't have to cancel his credit cards and force him out of the house honey!!" He interrupts as he squeals and exclaims to my step mother, their smiles bright with excitement. Holding eachothers hands and staring into eachothers eyes lovingly.

"You were gonna what-"

"Alright then it's settled, your flight leaves tomorrow." He pulls away from his wife and pulls out his phone to type something, leaving me stunned.

"TOMMOROW???"

"Yeah like the school years starting soon what did you think I was gonna say?" He boringly answers as he angles the phone so that his wife look at whatever's in there. "Pack your bags quick don't make me mad."

And so here I am.

First class on a plane to Seoul. I really agreed to this.

I've been plenty of times.

But this time I'm staying.

Holy shit.

I never thought I would actually leave my father at 16. I'm supposed to be the lazy son of a millionaire, what the hell am I moving out this early for. Maybe this was the wrong decision.

But it's definitely too damn late now, I'm like 30000 feet in the air.

Everything's going to be fine.

I open my phone to check the time, just to feel like I've been stabbed in the chest when I'm greeted by my three beloved cats as my Lock Screen.

This was defintely the mail in the coffin for me. I couldn't hold in my emotions when it comes to my beloved babies.

"AHHH IM GONNA MISS YOU GUYS" I gently pat the screen in grief. Earning me some looks from the people around me thinking im a complete psychopath who talks to cats.

I can feel tears push in my eyes as I kiss the screen as if to say goodbye to my wonderful cats through a picture. So maybe i am kind of a physcopath.

Whatever. Minho distract yourself.

And so I pull out the tv from the arm rest and pull up my favourite movie, Cars 2, which is so much better than cars fight me.

I take a few deep breaths before emerging myself into a world full of talking cars. Why cant I just live in a world of talking cars instead of my life?

The flight was only an hour long and so I didn't have much time to acknowledge the fact that I'm leaving until I was already there.

We'll soon enough my fantasy car world was interupted by a lady on the speaker of the plane, telling us that our flight will be landing shortly. We are in Seoul right now.

But I didn't get to finish cars...

A/n
I Stan cars 🫶