Chapter 28 - Silly shopping!

"Hyung you could definitely do better as an artist." Jisung giggles as he places an m&m onto his gingerbread house roof, looking over at my monstrosity from the corner of his eye.

"Well I've never done 3D stuff!" I slightly pout as i try to stop the walls from caving in for the third time. The gingerbread house was certainly not my best work, but hey... it's abstract...

"It's okay Minho hyung." Jisung rubs my back in comfort, "You're still cute so it doesn't matter." He giggles again.

"Y-yah I'm not cute stop saying that-"

"Minho! Jisung!" Ms. Hans voice calls from the kitchen causing jisung to almost knock his whole house over as we both look up.

"Yes mama!?" Jisung yells back as he adds another m&m to the roof.

"Can you two go get some milk and vegetables from the shop? I'm making dinner!" She calls back in return causing jisung to let out a small sigh.

He sits back and examines his work before looking up and meeting my eyes, "I guess we can finish this later? Come on." He stands up and puts out his hand, i grab it and he helps me up.

But he doesn't let go of my hand.

"We'll be back before dark mom!" Jisung calls out as he slips on his sneakers and I follow slipping on my own pair. I stop jisung from walking out to help him into his winter coat.

"Han-ah you gotta remember it's the middle of winter..." I shake my head with a chuckle as I adjust his scarf and zip up his coat before doing the same to myself.

Jisung giggles and clings onto my arm, "hehe I love softie Minho."

"Pff... softie Minho isn't real."

"Sure he isn't." Jisung hums as he leads us out the house and down the path toward downtown.

Today was a particularly cold day. Snow covered the ground and the forecast only predicted more on its way. Christmas was day after tommorow, so a white Christmas was what the people hoped for.

I guess this year everything was going right.

I pull jisung even closer to feel his addicting warmth as we keep walking. "You know Hannie?"

"Mhm?" He smiles under his scarf, looking up to meet my eyes.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay at your place and everything." I look down at my hands as the younger chuckles.

"See I told you soft Minho was real!" He laughs louder at my flustered face, "It's.. heh it's no problem hyung!" He finally stops laughing enough to talk, "You've done so much for me anyway."

"I'm glad we are happy."

Jisung lips form a wide smile at my words. He reaches up and kisses my cheek in return. "You cuteness is gonna make the snow melt hyung."

I turn away and clear my throat abruptly, suddenly noticing a store across the street. "Uhm l-look jisung it's the shop your mom said!"

Jisungs attention was successfully shifted and he forgot about teasing me as he leads us into the store. He waves to the young boy behind the counter who smiles at us. It looked like Jisung came here often.

I simply waddle behind the younger as he roams through the aisles. I was not a big fan of stores since they felt overwhelming and usually meant having to talk to the person behind the register.

Ugh did I hate being social.

Jisung placed a few things into the basket. Every vegetable he put in, he thoroughly inspected it. Looking for brown spots and determining whether the buy was worth it.

I simply watched with a small smile. I didn't know how to shop. I've never done it before. But I do know that Han Jisung is such a cutie when he does.

Interrupting my staring contest with the back of jisungs head, a voice from the aisle down catches my attention.

"Shit I haven't shopped at poor people store in ages. What if one our partners see me here?"

My heart suddenly drops. Why did that voice seem so familiar? My hands begin to shake as I try to calm my breathing.

You're safe here Minho remember...

You're with jisung.

Everything is okay with Jisung.

That did help me a bit, but I couldn't seem to shake the strange feeling as I stared into the aisle, wondering who was standing there moments ago.

"Min?" Jisung waves his hand infront of my eyes to catch my attention, bringing me back to reality.

"O-oh.. yeah Han-ah?"

"Do you want anything?" He asks with his head tilted.

"U-uhm no I-it's... okay..." I smile at him convincingly.

"Mm okay..." He tilts his head back as he looks down at his phone, "oh I forgot the milk-"

He leads us to the refrigerated aisle and opens the door to pull out a couple cartons. I try my best to help him since his small figure as almost crushed by the doors.

That is until I heard it again.

"You think this is how my son feels living with peasants hah!" The same familiar chuckle comes from somewhere in the store.

My heartbeat speeds up and my breathing becomes hard to manage. I wasn't imagining it.

I try to stop my body from shaking but it was easier said then done. I remind myself that I'm safe here. But the thought still circles my mind.

"Minho?" Jisung grabs my hands that I didn't even know I was picking at, "Is everything okay?" He brings his other hand to my cheek as he inspects my face.

His touch feels calming as I lean into it.

"I-I just want to go home." I quietly respond and the younger nods. He picks up the basket and keeps his hand locked with mine, leading me to the register.

And that's when I see him.

The person Ive dreaded seeing after since my last visit. The reason why I would've rather stayed in the empty dorms over holiday break.

I freeze in my tracks, causing jisung to look back at me in confusion. "Hyung?"

He turns his attention to where I was looking, noticing the man standing with two body guards by his side. He clutches my hand tighter and moves closer. But the fear still flowed through me as my mouth drops open.

"D-dad?"

A/n
Yuh ohs what's gonna happen now.

I JUST POSTED THE PROLOGUE AND NOW FIRST CHAPTER OF 'FROM AFAR' ITS SEUNGJIN CHECK IT OUT

ALSO TELL ME WHY MY TWO FAVORITE GROUPS ARE ABT TO COMEBACK AT THE SAME TIME AGAIN. BRUH IM LIKE HAPPY BUT ALSO MAD.

CUZ LIKE WHEN DARKBLOOD AND 5STAR CAME OUT I WAS LIKE HELLA EXCITED BUT THEY WERE LIKE WEEK APART AND IT WAS LITERALLY FINALS SEASON. AND NOW AGAIN THEY BOTH GONNA COME BACK IN NOVEMBER LIKE WTF

SPREAD OUT THE FUN GANG.

ANYWAYS IM STILL HYPED.

hope you enjoyed hehe!