Chapter 17 - Step one

"Okay step one is getting them to know your name."

"Ouch did you really had to salt the wound like that?"

"That's the first step! Even my ass knows it! Not my fault you didn't make it there in 3 whole years!"

Chan fake sobs into his hands. "Way to make me feel good about this."

"But it's okay because that's why I'm here." I smile at him cheekily adding a wink to finish it of.

Chan rolls his eyes, "Minho you're literally the most shy person I know."

"What do you mean..." I peak up from behind the leaves, "I-I got this heh..."

"You can't say I got this while being nervous." He huffs feeling disappointed.

We stand behind a large plant in the middle of the hallway, comicly placed to hide us with its vast leaves. Our eyes locked on a cute boy with dimples who is sweeping the floor.

Chan's target: Yang Jeongin.
Age: 16.
Currently works with his mother here who is the head janitor. He does online classes so he can work during the day.

Somehow the older had figured out the boys entire life yet the janitor boy probably didn't even know he exsisted

Upsetting to know that many people would love to date Chan yet hes got his eyes set on somebody who doesn't give two shits about him.

"Alright.. give me something to work with." I squint my eyes as Jeongin hums to himself behind the leaves.

"Bitch I just gave you a whole description." He shoves my side almost making me lose my balence and expose our hiding spot.

"I mean like hobbies, something I can use to get you guys closer."

"Uh..." Chan pauses for a moment, "He loves to sing, even his humming is heaven. His voice is just as perfect as his beautfiul face."

I glance at the boy with a weird look but his eyes don't move from the janitors boy, "and you said I was too far gone...."

I shake my head at his state while the gears in my brain begin to turn, thinking of some way to give my friend a chance.

"He probably only does it for fun, but if he had some professional help he could really make it a career-"

I stop listening at those words. My mind clicks. This is our ticket to chan-being-not-single town.

I stand up, revealing myself from behind the plant. Also causing chan below me to panic.

"What are you doing?? Don't go into this without a plan or else I'm not going to help steal your roommate back from Felix." He tugs on my arm desperately.

"Relax I got this. Confidence is my middle name." I puff my chest up and walk over to the humming boy, he seemed completely unaware of my approach until I cleared my throat to mutter an "excuse me."

He pulls an AirPod out and smiles up at me, warming my heart with his cuteness. I can see why Chan admired him so much. "Uh hi my name is Minho."

"Oh-" He turns his whole body to face me keep a smile that shows off his dimples, "you must be a new student! Nice to meet you!" He bows politely, "I'm Jeongin, I work as the janitor here."

"A-ah yes I've noticed..." I rub the back of my neck nervously.

Confidence was surely not my middle name.

"A-actually I wanted to talk to you about my friend..." I point my eyes at the plant we were hiding behind moments before, "His name is Chan."

Jeongins eyes follow mine in confusion, until a sigh is heard and Chan slowly lifts his head to reveal himself. He waves with a goofy smile.