Chapter 9 - Take care of yourself

My eyes flutter open to the sight of the office ceiling. Not something I was expecting to see when I awake.

"Aish these damn lights!" I cover my eyes with my arm as my eyes adjust to the bright lighting.

What the hell happened?

I sit up and look around the room, I'm obviously in a nurses room judging by the equipment. My eyes wander around before stopping at my bedside.

Minho lays with his head in his arms on the right side of my bed. He looks... disheveled. His hair sticking up in different places, he's still wearing a white tee and sweatpants that he always wears to bed.

Now I'm even more confused.

Why is he here?

Did he stay by me this whole time?

I put my hand to my head, trying to remember what exactly happened. I spot an iv connected to my hand which surprises me, I guess this was serious.

The last thing I remember was Minho waking up and seeing me. I was flustered and so I ran out the room to study at the table in the kitchen instead.

But what happened after that?

I stare at the boy on my bed when the drawings in his sketchbook come flowing back into my mind. My cheeks heat up just thinking about it.

"Ah your awake!" The nurse walks in and smiles at me cheerfully, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay your face is quite red."

Only to add on to my embarrassment I shake my head fiercely.

Her voice causes the boy next to me to stir in his sleep before lifting his head. As soon as he seems me he looks stunned.

"Jisung!"

"Ayy your so loud!!" I close my ears while the boys eyes light up.

He's happy to see me awake?

Is this some kind of dream?

But as soon as the sparkle in his eyes came, it was gone. The cold face of his returned as the nurse begins talking.

"Mr. Han" I nod at my name, "It seems like you had fainted due to exhaustion. The lack of food and sleep had caused you to go out cold."

I look down at my hands, this was not the first time this had happened. I had lots of problems with overworking myself, but this time my mom wasn't here to help.

"You should be thankful this boy was there to find you, otherwise your condition would have worsen."

Shocked, I look up at the older. He staring at me with an emotionless expression. Our eyes lock for a moment before I look away.

This is so embarassing!!

He's probably going to use this against me until the end of time.

"Your free to go, your IV bag seems to be almost empty. Make sure your eating and sleeping alright mr han?"

I simply nod at the nurse and she smiles and walks out, leaving me and Minho alone. I gather up the courage to speak.

"Listen Minho I-"

"Are you really that stupid!??"

His yelling makes me flinch and I look up at him again. His eyes are full of rage.

"You can't even take care of yourself?? I thought you were smart enough to get into this school!"

"I-im sorry about waking you up..." My eyes land on my fingers as I nervously fiddle with them. I didn't mean for any of this to happen.