Chapter 24 - Mommy meeting hehe

"Hello Ms. Han!" Minho lets go of the suitcases to 90 degree bow to my mother as we walk up to her. A bright smile on his face as if nothing was wrong.

My mother almost jumps on excitement, "Oh your so much handsomer in person! Such a gentleman, it's so nice to meet you Minho."

He raised his head to look at her and sends another sweet smile. Man was he charming if he tried. It's almost like my cold and shy roomate had vanished.

Was he... okay?

It had me worried honestly.

I've just been burdening him since the day he arrived, now I'm forcing him to meet my mom and act happy. Maybe he needed a break and I took it from him.

Fuck how do I always manage to mess things up?

My mother gives Minho a sweet hug and asks him about to travel and his finals, basically his whole life. I take a few steps closer, "AHEM?"

My mother finally looks away from my roommate im confusion, until she finds my gaze and a wide smile returns to her lips.

"Sungieeee!!" She pulls me in for a rib crushing hug. Not that I minded since i had been longing for such a hug for months. I really missed her.

"Mom its so nice to see you." I sniff holding back tears that suddenly wanted to escape my eyelids.

She pulls away while cupping my face, inspecting it almost, "How have you been baby? No incidents since the first one right? I know we talk on the phone but it's not the same-"

"Mom I'm fine. Probably the best everything's been in a while." I could see the relief plastered on her face as she turns to Minho, taking his hands, "I can't thank you enough for taking care of our sungie."

The lady looked like she was going to cry. I wanted to sink into the ground because of this embarassing situation but Minho seemed to laugh it off, "Don't worry Ms. Han, it's my pleasure."

Why was he so good at talking all of a sudden?

He really has changed?

"Oh so humble! Sungie even talks about how you're his perfect wife, I just can't thank you enough!" She puts a hand on his shoulder and smiles till her eyes close.

"Mommmm!" My face suddenly feels warm but Minho laughs it off. If I'm being honest, I don't see Minho laugh very often. But when he does, it's the most genuine sound I've ever heard. It echos in my heart, addicting almost.

I mean- what- anyways-

The car ride was mostly Minho and my mother making conversation. And me just staring out the window.

Actually it was more Minho being wide eyed at all the decorations for the holidays, tapping my shoulder to occasionally to point out a snowman in the distance.

I had to get used to this new cute Minho.

Because I can't blame my red face on the cold forever.

My house wasn't too far from the station so I was out of the awkward car ride soon enough. Now I just had to get through the rest of the break.

This was supposed to be my stress free period but honestly, the stress hasn't fallen. If anything I'm more stressed about us than I was before.

I entered the home silently and went up to my room. I begin unpacking in silence, I hadn't even stopped to say hello to my room I hadn't been in in months. I just needed something to be focused on to stop my heart from clenching.

"Hannie?" A voice behind me follows a door opening noise. The voice I had gotten to familiar with hearing.

I turn my head around, focusing on keeping my face normal despite the nickname, facing the older boy and letting out a small hum.

"Your house is beautfiul." He says in one breath, like he's blown away.

Normally I would giggle at this. It was ridiculous for a millionaire to be calling our small ass house beautfiul. Anyone could tell we were barely making ends meet, now with my gone and unable to work too.

But I wasn't feeling my best. Honestly I just wanted to go to sleep. I was in no room to put on smile, even if it was fake.

I don't notice the boy walk out the room, the only I thing I here is his footsteps back in. "Hannie?"

Once again I turn around to my name, putting down the clothes I was folding. "What is it Minho?"

I find his eyes where creases from his furrowed eyebrows show his worrier expression. I also notice the cup in his hand. "Y-your mom told me that you like hot tea when your exhausted... so I figured..."

With a small sigh I finish up the clothes and take a seat on my bed, grabbing the cup from his hand, "You don't have to worry about me hyung. We're just roommates."

Though the room was dark, I swear I saw something shiny slip down his cheeks as he stares at me. But he quickly brings his sleeves to his face. "Y-yeah I- I'm sorry."

He turns away quickly, opening his suitcase and pulling out a blanket. Laying it on the small floor space next to my bed. Small sniffs escaping his nose.

"Minho? What are you doing?" I take a sip of the tea, feeling the warmth calm my insides.

"I'm getting ready to sleep, I might as well sleep now so I don't wake you up later- I always felt bad when that happened at the dorms and-"

I cut him off in confusion, "Minho you don't have to sleep on the floor!?"

"Why not?" He adjusts the blanket so it pays fully flat.

"Minho you're rich? I'm not going to make you sleep on the floor it's your holiday break! You take the bed." I place the cup on the nightstand and push myself to the edge of the bed, ready to get off until minho stops me standing right in front of me.

"You are not sleeping on the floor. You need to get some real rest." His eyes seem fierce, almost like the days I first knew him.

"You do too!" I huff.

He suddenly grabs my shoulders, pushing them down onto the bed. My breath hitches as memories of the previous night cloud my mind. I can feel my heart beating out my chest.

Minho hovers above me for a moment, both of us looking into eachothers eyes in the darkness. I can see the glassiness in his for just a moment before he pulls away and pulls my blanket up to my chin.

"Please han-ah please get some rest." He almost sounds like he's begging.

A/n
Hehe more filler

Things will pick up soon dw gang

Hope you enjoyed!