Chapter 2

The next morning, Elizabeth got up and prepared herself for the day like she did every morning. Taking a shower, getting dressed, and then making her way down to the detached garage to pick which tow-truck she would take to work. Upon entering the detached garage, she nearly shrieked when she saw Jazz sprawled out on the back of the flatbed tow-truck that they had stolen the day before.

"I honestly thought that whole thing was a dream." She mumbled as she grabbed the keys to her flatbed and started the engine.

As she pulled out of the garage, she glanced at Jazz and noticed that he hadn't moved or registered that she pulled out of the garage. Frowning slightly, she slid out of the taller vehicle and wrote a small note before sticking it to his visor and pulling the garage door closed. The drive to Ben's Mechanics was slow and uneventful, as really no one drove on the dirt roads between her home and the shop. Although, when she arrived at the lone building, she noticed a black SUV parked outside. Pulling her truck around the back, she took notice of the scratches and holes that littered the SUV before it disappeared around the building. A small sigh escaped her lips, but she hurriedly turned off her vehicle and entered the building through the back door before bee-lining it to the front. Unlocking the front door, she noticed a man wearing a torn suit leaning against the SUV and she waved him inside.

"Good morning, Sir! How can I help you today?" She smiled as she lead the man inside.

"Hello, I was just wondering if you could repair my vehicle without having to replace everything." He nervously chuckled as he glanced back to car.

"I can definitely take a look to see what options we have. Sometimes scratches can be buffed out, but the holes in the vehicle I'll have to see. May I ask what you were doing?" Elizabeth tilted her head as she followed his gaze.

"Unfortunately not. I work for the government, so it's classified." He grunted.

"I see. No problem, Sir, just give me about ten minutes to look your vehicle over and I'll give you an estimate." She nodded as she made her way outside.

The man remained silent as he made his way to the chairs and watched the girl as she poked at the bullet holes in the SUV. Since the man had stayed inside, Elizabeth took her time and crouched down next to the driver's side door placing her finger into the hole. A frown plastered itself onto her face as she stared at the massive hole that rested in the center of the door. The smaller scratches and holes would be no problem, but this large one would surely cause issues. Standing back up, she ventured back into the shop and stepped before the waiting male.

"So, looking at your vehicle, your driver door will need to be replaced. I can't just cover that up, because it would decrease the integrity of that side. As for the rest of the vehicle, we can buff out the scratches and weld the smaller holes shut. I don't have a lot of spare windows though, so we would need to order a few that would fit your model." She paused for a moment to allow the information to sink in.

"Seems like a lot of work for a lone lady. How much do you think it will be?" He mumbled before looking up at her.

"Because we have to purchase at least the windshield and the rear window, as well as replace the driver door. On top of replacing any broken parts, I'd say we are looking at three thousand." She shrugged as she glanced back to the SUV outside.

"That's a bit steep, don't you think?" The man glared as he stood up from his seat.

"I don't think so. Besides, I'm pretty sure the government would have totaled this car." She raised a brow while crossing her arms.

"I have a lot of memories in this car. Fine, three thousand, but if you find anything else wrong let me know before tacking that onto the bill." He grunted.