Chapter 18

Panic. Elizabeth was panicking and running through the halls of a secret facility that was in some unknown location. Rushing down another flight of stairs, she found herself in a type of storeroom that was full of different crates. Running up to the first crate, she opened it to find a small jar full of Transformium. As she stared at the jar, memories of what had happened started to flood her mind and she knew that it was mistake that she was left here. Hearing people coming down to the storeroom, she quickly found her way through another set of doors that led her outside and into an unruly forest. Not even giving it a second thought, she ran into the forest and continued running until she couldn't anymore. Surprisingly enough, it took several hours before she started to feel fatigued and, by then, she was on the other side of the forest. She was stepping out into a clearing that had the entrance to an old military bunker in the center, which she figured would most likely be abandoned since it was so far from the city. Dragging her feet through the large opening, she made her way as far back as she could.

"Who goes there?" A snarky voice echoed all around her.

"Who are you?" Elizabeth wheezed as she looked around for the whereabouts of the voice.

"Elizabeth?" The voice questioned before a giant shadow loomed over from behind.

"Crosshairs?" Elizabeth gasped as she turned to face the towering green mech.

"I hadn't heard anything from the Doc, I thought you keeled over or something. What happened? Your readings are different." Crosshairs asked as he knelt down and got a closer look at her.

"I don't know. They did this weird experiment on me and now..." Her voice trailed off as she glanced to the side.

Closing her eyes for a moment, she took a deep breath before looking up at Crosshairs. To say he was surprised would have been an understatement since what used to be bright green eyes were now bright blue. Taking a closer look at her eyes, he could see the same spinning mechanics that his own optics did when he was studying something take place in hers.

"What did they do to you?" His voice darkened.

"They used the leftover Transformium to save me. There is only a little bit left that I saw, but I'm not human anymore." Elizabeth felt tears run down her face as she continued to look at the Autobot's face and showed the jar that she had snagged.

"Those Bastards. Well, all we can do now is figure things out as we go. Let's get back to the others." Crosshairs muttered before ushering the woman towards the entrance.

Nodding numbly, she followed behind the Autobot outside before climbing into his helicopter mode. The ride was mostly quiet, but she couldn't help but look outside at the water below. Jumping in her seat slightly, she glanced back to the water and blinked again in order to adjust her sight. It startled her because when she was staring out at the ocean below everything originally looked normal, but then she blinked, and everything was up close as if she had hit the zoom button on a camera. Shaking her head, she leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes so that she could get some sleep during their flight across the Pacific Ocean. Hours later, Crosshairs landed somewhere in California and started to send out an encrypted signal to the others in hopes that they could find them. Nestled in Crosshairs' servos, Elizabeth remained asleep and ignorant to what was happening around her. Transforming back into his helicopter form, the Autobot started making his way east while still sending out his signal for the others to find. Making their way up to northern California, Crosshairs remained silent as to not wake up the woman that was asleep in the cockpit.

The next morning, Elizabeth awoke with a start as she looked around the area. She was no longer resting in Crosshairs' alternate mode, and the mech wasn't anywhere that she could see. Jumping to her feet, she looked around the clearing that was left in and noticed that there was a ring of trees around her. Walking closer to the ring of trees, she listened for any sounds of creatures or her friend that could be nearby. At first, everything was silent, but eventually she picked up on the sound of helicopter blades nearing. Rushing to the trees, she watched as a helicopter flew over the opening before disappearing past the trees. A sigh of relief escaped her lips before she took a few steps out into the clearing again. Thinking about where the Autobot could be, Elizabeth sat down in the grass and closed her eyes.