Chapter 19

Another year would have passed before they received an energon signal from Chicago. Cade was quick to say that he was going to investigate it, and hopefully, bring back whoever was emitting the signal. With this being a dangerous adventure, Elizabeth tried to talk the man into letting her tag along, but alas, he refused. Leaving that morning, Cade took off in his jeep with Bumblebee following close behind and Hound tailing them. Watching as they left, Elizabeth sighed before turning towards the Autobots that stayed behind and gave them a nod before disappearing into the mobile home that Cade had. Throughout the year that had passed, Elizabeth had gotten a better handle of her Cybertronian side and was able to comfortably utilize her new abilities. Of course, that does not mean that she is invincible towards manmade weapons, but she was a little more resistant to them. Tiny had developed very well over the last year, as he could now speak out loud and transform into just about anything that Elizabeth needed. Ranging between weapons and tools, Tiny had helped Elizabeth quickly do patch work for the Autobots and for the county sheriff's police cruiser. Also during the past year, they had gained an extra set of helping hands. A young man that offered his assistance through an advertisement in the paper, however, once he arrived he realized his mistake. Luckily, he had gotten along with Elizabeth pretty quickly and he chose to stick around.

Hours had passed and Cade had finally arrived to the abandoned part of Chicago. Entering the city, the first thing he saw was several large walkers that were aiming at children. Rushing to their rescue, he swerved to a stop and ordered the four boys to hop into the jeep while he threw a grenade towards the oncoming government machines. Bumblebee had also come barreling through a building and launched himself into one of the machines to take it down while Cade went after the last person.

"Come on, it's over." Cade spoke somewhat softly.

"No! It's not! I can fix him!" A young girl shouted as she fought against his hold.

"No one can fix him, he's dead! Stop, look at me! Would he want you to die too? Come on, now." Cade snapped before dragging her behind him.

Leading her away, they jumped into his jeep and drove towards the gate that surrounded the area. Forcing everyone out, he made sure that they had escaped the abandoned part of the city before making his way back into the heart of the area to find what it was that he was searching for. Finding the signal inside of a downed Cybertronian ship, Cade didn't have a choice but to blow open the hatch. Climbing in with the barely conscious mech, he pressed a rag to the wound and tried to assure him that everything would be okay. However, the mech seemed to have other things in mind as it pulled out an old chipped, large, coin like object and handed it over to Cade. Pushing away the mech's servo, Cade again tried to reassure the mech. It was unfortunate, but the mech died and Cade had to leave as soon as he could. Comming Bee, he let him know that the mech didn't make it and that they needed to get out of there as soon as possible. However, he wasn't able to make it far as he was suddenly surrounded by military vehicles and personnel known as, TRF. Looking around at the group, Cade raised his hands up and above his head while dropping to his knees. A man stepped forward and circled around the kneeling fugitive as if he were trying to assess and gauge what kind of response he would receive. Keeping his eyes in front of him, Cade listened as the group of soldiers began to whisper about him.

"So, help yourself out here. Where are the others? The ones you're hiding." The man that was leading the group questioned.

"I'm not a sell-out. Those are my friends." Cade scoffed as he shook his head.

"Friends? This is an invasion. One day we wake up, they're in charge." The man sneered while getting up in Cade's face.

"You see anyone in charge? They just keep falling out of the sky. There is something coming, and I don't see us shooting our way out of it." Cade spoke calmly.