Chapter 10

Megatron was quick to scoop up the woman and place her in the cockpit of his alien looking alt. mode and take off into the sky with Starscream following behind. Weirdly enough, the cockpit was more spacious in comparison to the Second in Command. She was lucky to have been holding her bag at the time too, or else her tools would have been left in the middle of some deserted desert. The air pressure within the alien aircraft felt different, and she realized that Megatron was flying higher than Starscream had. Yet, even with the altitude, Elizabeth was able to breathe just fine. She could see the blankness of space above them as Megatron soared through the atmosphere with no difficulty. It was completely awe-inspiring to see the stars that dotted everywhere. Suddenly, the Decepticon dove straight down towards the Earth at unimaginable speeds, causing the woman to squeeze her eyes shut in terror. A throaty laugh escaped the Decepticon leader's vocal processors, which honestly surprised the woman before she was jerked out of her thoughts by the sudden halt of movement. Hearing the sounds of Megatron's plating moving, she braced herself for the inevitable plummet to the ground. However, she felt long slender fingers wrap around her torso as he finished his transformation. Looking around, she realized that she was back in Washington D.C. at the Lincoln Memorial, which was where Megatron was heading.

"Lord Megatron! The brilliant schemes that you have come up with! So the reality of Sentinel's departure from Cybertron was to defect?" Starscream cackled as he stood on the wide stairs before them.

"Yes, he was supposed to meet with me here on Earth, but it would seem that fate had delayed us both. Unfortunately, the only way for us to revive him was with Prime and his Matrix." Megatron spoke with an exasperated sigh.

"Amazing strategy! So, that would mean that he is now your partner, right?" Starscream asked while wringing his hands together.

"He would be my greatest triumph." Megatron grinned as he glanced down at the woman in his spindly fingers.

From across the courtyard, Elizabeth noticed Sentinel Prime slowly making his way across and into the center of the manmade pond. The five pillars that were brought back from the crashed alien ship were all floating in an 'X' formation. Four were in the corners of the pond, while the fifth stood in the center next to the previous leader of the Autobots. Optimus Prime could be seen making his way towards his mentor in haste, as he called out for Sentinel to cease his plans. It was heartbreaking for her to hear the pleading voice of Optimus as he shouted for his predecessor to stop, but even she knew that no amount of pleading would cease the traitor's movements. Watching from her place on Megatron's hand, she could hear the triumphant grumbling from the Decepticon leader as he chuckled. What seemed like lightning began to appear around the five pillars and Sentinel, and suddenly more Decepticons came barreling through the transportation device. Fear coursed through her veins as she watched the many Decepticons begin rushing towards Optimus and towards the heavily populated streets. Police sirens blaring in the distance, and the sounds of the alien weaponry echoed across the courtyard.

"Autobots! Retreat!" Optimus shouted as he moved to follow after the retreating Sentinel Prime.

Megatron standing to his feet, began moving towards where Sentinel had run off to. His servo still clutching the human woman as walked across the courtyard. She could see the brawl between Optimus and his former commander, however, she was more worried about the soldiers and Autobots that were still near the streets. Turning as much as she could, she looked towards the smoke that rose heavily from the street behind them but she couldn't see their situation clearly. It wasn't until Megatron stopped moving that she turned to face forward and see the predicament that Optimus had found himself in. Pressed onto the ground, Optimus was looking up at Sentinel in anguish. Sentinel was hovering over the Autobot leader and pressing his servo against the downed mech's chest in order to keep him from getting back onto his peds.