Chapter 3

"So, you were the one that shot Megatron's eye?" Sam questioned in disbelief.

"Yes." Elizabeth nodded as she glanced up at Jazz.

"And you thought it was a good idea to sneak a strange robot to your house? No offense, Jazz." Sam groaned as he slapped his hand to his face.

"Yes." Elizabeth nodded again.

"I'm grateful for the lil' lady. She gave me a chance to live a little longer." Jazz spoke with pride as he nudged the older Witwicky.

"We have to --- contact captain --- for further instruction." Bumblebee's radio switched between channels as he shifted on his peds.

"I agree. Bee, can you do the honors and see if Ratchet can make his way out here?" Jazz looked up at the slightly taller being.

Bumblebee elicited a few beeps before stepping outside of the garage to make his call to their leader, while everyone else remained inside to converse with each other. Elizabeth formally introduced herself as Sam's cousin, which caused Jazz to sputter as he hadn't realized that they were related. The group of four conversed lightly as they waited for Bumblebee to return to the front of the large garage. Of course, it only took a few minutes before Bumblebee's loud footsteps could be heard nearing the front of the garage.

"When do you think Ratchet will be here?" Sam asked as he turned to face his guardian.

"They said --- help is on the way!" Bumblebee nodded as he played a short clip from a movie through his radio.

"Where are they coming from? We could gauge how long it should take them." Elizabeth smiled as she gazed up at the yellow and black robot.

"They are being held at Hoover Dam for the time being." Mikaela answered.

"Oh, so they should be here really soon then." Elizabeth laughed nervously as she glanced outside.

A moment of silence followed before conversation picked back up. Elizabeth asked Sam about how he met the Cybertronians and how he ended up in Mission City. Small laughs of embarrassment were shared between the cousins as they bantered and talked about Sam's adventure until Elizabeth began questioning who the other bots were. Sam and Mikaela, with the help of Jazz and Bumblebee, talked about each bot individually and what their specialties were. First they spoke about Optimus Prime, who Elizabeth found out to be the leader of the Autobots. Sam described him as the largest bot who donned blue and red markings across his body. Then they spoke about Ironhide and how he was their weapon specialist. This, of course, caught Elizabeth's attention immediately and so she asked many questions about the types of weapons that he was familiar with. Scoffing at his weapon crazy cousin, Sam told her to wait until she met him to ask those questions, before moving on to Ratchet. Ratchet was the Autobot's medic, and so the reason Jazz was more concerned about the medic coming was for medical purposes. Obviously. Soon the sounds of vehicles approaching entered their ears, and the group of five ventured out of the large garage. Elizabeth immediately took notice of the large blue semi truck with red flame decals at the front of the pack. Rolling to a stop a few meters away, the semi truck transformed and stood tall, while military men filed out of the black pickup truck behind him. A moment later, a medical HUMVEE transformed slightly behind the bot that was recognized as Optimus Prime.

"Jazz! You have a lot of explaining to do!" The one Elizabeth recognized as Ratchet growled out as he approached the named bot.

"That he does." The voice came from the pickup truck as it transformed, once all of the men had stepped out.

"What's crackin'! Sorry, I would've commed you all earlier but my comms are broken." Jazz shrugged as he stepped around the Witwickys and Mikaela.

"Jazz, how did you manage to survive?" Optimus finally spoke after analyzing the group before him.