Chapter 6

Two years have passed and Ben's Mechanics had been thriving with the help of Alexander and Nicolas. During that time, Elizabeth had managed to gain three more employees to help out around the shop. Lily, an eighteen year old girl that had recently been hired, was in charge of answering phones and scheduling appointments or assigning jobs to the mechanics on hand. Nicolas had become the shop's Assistant Manager, and had pretty much taken over a lot of Elizabeth's duties especially whenever she would go out of town. Alexander had learned a lot over the last two years, and started learning more about detailing cars on top of his duties to fix them. Because of his newfound love of detailing, Elizabeth was able to expand their variety of paints and other tools needed. The other two mechanics are named, Michael Brown and Jackson Underwood. Similar to Alexander, they had very little experience when it came to cars but they were both motivated to learn. Taking them under her wing, she taught them the basics before turning them over to Nicolas and Alexander. Most of the time, Jackson would help Alexander with the detailing jobs while Michael stuck around with Nicolas.

Sadly, Barricade had slowly removed himself from the area due to the Autobots that had begun to hang around there. Shortly after her first trip to Diego Garcia, Lennox had agreed with Ironhide that a security system was definitely needed for Elizabeth's home. Because of this, Barricade could no longer swing by her home in case of repair. He would occasionally stop by the shop early in the morning, but even then it was difficult if her employees were around. At that point, she had officially met with all of the Autobots that had arrived on Earth, but had also missed meeting with the military liaison. Of course, she was perfectly okay with not meeting the man, especially after hearing all of the stories about the man from the Autobots, Lennox, and Epps. The man's name was Theodore Galloway, and from what she understood, he had a stick up his ass. It was obvious that Galloway did not really approve of the Autobots' presence on Earth, and he blamed them for all of the destruction that the Decepticons had caused. Since he was a stickler for the rules, Lennox and the others had done their absolute best to plan around the liaison's visits, so that the two wouldn't cross paths.

It was well into the morning, and Elizabeth was on base with Jazz and few others from the NEST team. The night before, they had discovered a Decepticon signal at a port in China and so they were planning on quietly silencing the bot before he could do any harm. She was a bit disappointed that she couldn't see them in action, especially since she practically missed watching them fight during the Mission City incident about two years prior. Jazz had been laughing at her for the past four hours as she passed by on the tall catwalk, muttering to herself about being holed up on base. There was a lot that she could learn from being near the battlefield, but Lennox and the others strongly disagreed with her. Of course, Jazz was a little disappointed as well since he was also holed up at base instead of being on the battlefield. Ironhide took over the role of Second in Command whenever Jazz wasn't present, but that didn't mean that the smaller bot would throw a fit whenever he was left out. Hours had passed and the team was finally nearing home. The report over the communicators was not positive, since their supposed covert operation ended up being the complete opposite. Let's just say that the Decepticon was much larger than they had originally anticipated.

It wouldn't be until mid afternoon that everyone returned back to base. Excited to see everyone, Elizabeth made her way to the front to meet with everyone and the Autobots that were returning. She first saw the twins, Skids and Mudflap, entering the hanger to change their disguised vehicle forms from the two part ice cream truck to two separate hatchbacks. The rest of the Autobots had immediately entered their specified hanger to rest. Turning her gaze towards Lennox, she noticed him saluting the fallen soldiers as they were being carried out of the aircraft. A frown spread onto her lips as she watched the solemn expression that the man had as he watched the numerous caskets move by him. However, the most unexpected thing came to pass as Galloway suddenly showed up on a helicopter and waltzed into the base. Lennox had run up to him, but the liaison brushed him aside while shoving a piece of paper into his chest. Scowling at the man's rude and pompous behavior, Elizabeth stood in her spot next to Epps.