Chapter 4

"If I agree to fix you, will you leave me in peace?" Elizabeth spoke, gaining a little of her confidence back.

"Yes."

Her hands had finally stopped trembling as she worked on the aggravated robot. Several hours had passed, and she had made little progress in the repair due to the extensive damage that was present. Every grunt or hiss would cause for her to freeze for a moment and glance towards the menacing red eyes, but she noticed that his attention seemed to be towards the door rather than at her. Her nerves were starting to return when she noticed that the large metal being began shifting, and her hands began to shake uncontrollably as she glanced up towards his face.

"It is uncomfortable here." He snapped his gaze down towards the woman.

"I can bring the truck in and angle it enough for you to lean on. Would that help?" Elizabeth's voice shook slightly as she turned her attention towards the parked truck outside.

"Hurry up." The gravely voice spiked before an incoherent grumble escaped him.

Giving quick nod in it's direction, Elizabeth jumped to her feet and ran over to her tow-truck. Breathing in deep, she shakily inserts the key into the ignition and pulls into the detached garage and angles the bed down just as she had done for Jazz. Although, the robot barely gave her enough time to exit the vehicle before moving over and harshly leaning back onto the truck. Catching her footing the best she could, she rounded the truck before moving her soldering kit closer to the large robot. In his bi-pedal form, he could barely extend his legs out all the way without pressing up against the wall or other objects inside the garage.

"I finished the basic first aid. Do you feel like you are still leaking anywhere?" Her voice slightly higher than normal.

"No. How long until you are finished?" The black and white robot grumbled before glancing down at the human girl.

"I'll need to go over the solder a few more times to make sure that everything is set in place. As for all of the cosmetics, I can work those out if you are transformed into your police cruiser. But it should only be maybe a week or so before everything is done!" Elizabeth inwardly cursed herself when she stuttered through the first few words, but ultimately, she was able to speak louder and more confident by the end.

"I see. I want to recharge, get out of my sight." He barked as he slowly swung his arm over her head.

"Right, and I work at the mechanics shop. So, I'll be back in to work on you some more after that." She squeaked before moving out of arms reach.

"Do not try to contact anyone about me." His voice caused chills to run down her spine.

"I wouldn't dream of it." Elizabeth whispered as she closed the door to the garage.

A long sigh escaped her lips as she walked away from the detached garage. She hadn't even learned the angry robot's name, and so she was completely at a loss for how to address him when she did need to come back. Also, he was using her tow-truck as a backrest, which means she no longer had transportation to work. Perhaps taking the stolen truck to the shop was a bad idea. Trudging inside of her home, she immediately ventured towards the shower. The sweat and dirt had caked onto her arms and face during those long hours of soldering and working on the cars at the shop and the mean robot in her detached garage. Per usual, she set the temperature high before stripping down and stepping in. This would be one of the longest showers she had ever taken. Honestly, she couldn't even remember when she stepped out of the shower, dressed, or when she crawled into bed. Although, her alarm the next morning would remind her of the hard day she had ahead. Having set her alarm to ring at least an hour earlier than normal, she rolled out of bed and got ready for the day. Luckily, since her drive was normally five minutes, walking wasn't too torturous for her. The sun had risen about two hours prior, but it was still early enough that the heat wasn't very strong yet. The walk home would be an entirely different matter though. Seeing the shop ahead, Elizabeth first took notice of the stolen tow-truck that sat in the front lot, but there were no other cars nearby. A breath of relief was released as she entered through the back of the shop and began her opening duties. Sitting behind the counter, she read through car magazines and listened to the news that blanketed the space around her. News regarding the incident in Mission City had long since died, and so all she heard was stories happening in other places around the country. Sadly, time was passing very slowly, and there were no scheduled appointments or walk-ins. Tapping her fingers on the counter, Elizabeth gazed out at the sandy plains that stretched for miles ahead. By the time closing came around, Elizabeth had counted over a hundred cars that had sped past her shop. Grumbling about having been bored all day, she shut everything down before grabbing the keys to the stolen tow-truck and made her way outside. As usual, her drive was quiet and when she pulled up to her detached garage she remembered her predicament. The angry black and white robot was most likely still inside of her garage.