Chapter 7

Word had just come through. Optimus Prime has died in battle. It was unbelievable. There just had to be a mistake, Optimus Prime is the strongest Autobot. The only relief in the situation was that Sam had been taken by Bumblebee and the twins somewhere safe. However, if receiving word that Optimus had died was bad enough, news of Decepticon attacks all over the world had begun to circulate. Elizabeth sat in between Lennox and Epps as they watched the news and waited for the Autobots to return to their base in New Jersey, anxiously waiting for their return. However, suddenly the monitors all began to emit a static sound as the screens started flickering, catching their attention.

"People of Earth, your leaders have been withholding information from you." A deep sinister voice spoke.

"What the hell?" Elizabeth whispered as she stared wide-eyed at the robotic creature. Her thoughts suddenly going to her father.

"You are not alone in this universe, and we have been living among you, hidden. But no more. As you've seen, we can completely destroy your cities. However, if you turn over this boy, we will spare you." The evil creature spoke as a picture of Sam appeared on the screen.

A gasp escaped her lips when her eyes landed on the picture of her cousin, and she fished her phone out of pocket in a panic. Dialing the boy's number, she placed the phone to her ear and listened to the ringing. One, two, three, voicemail. She dialed again, but only received the same results as before. He was pretty much off the grid at this point, and her anxiety was through the roof. Glancing at the screen, she could hear the newscaster begin to cover what was happening. Everything was moving so fast, it felt as if she couldn't mentally keep up with everyone. Lennox had rounded everyone together and headed towards the tar-mac where Optimus would be laid and the other Autobots would be arriving to. It was a tension-filled walk as everyone kept their heads high and watched as a military helicopter came into view. Tears had begun to form in Elizabeth's eyes as she watched Optimus land roughly on the ground. Immediately shouldering her bag, she rushed forward to assess the damage.

"Optimus!" Her voice filled with dread.

"Elizabeth, wait!" Lennox had tried to grab her, but ultimately missed.

Climbing onto the Prime's chest, she placed her hands on his faceplate and stared into the gray optic lenses. No spark of life was evident and it felt like her heart was breaking to pieces. The other Autobots had arrived and transformed, completely surrounding the body of their leader. No one spoke as Elizabeth's cries echoed across the landing strip. Suddenly, a line of military vehicles circled around the NEST team and the Autobots. If tensions weren't already high enough, this moment caused that tension to skyrocket. Weapons had been drawn on both sides, and Ironhide's voice angrily echoed around the strip.

"You dare point a gun at me!? I'll tear you all apart!" Ironhide had angrily shouted while Lennox ordered for everyone to lower their guns.

"It's out of my hands Major. You'll have to speak to him." A soldier sighed as he pointed to the passenger side of the closest vehicle.

"The NEST team is to cease all anti-Decepticon activity immediately and return back to Diego Garcia." Galloway shouted as he exited the vehicle.

"We take our orders directly from General Morshower." Lennox began, only to be interrupted by the most obnoxious man on the planet.

"Not anymore. President has given me operational command now. An alien blood feud has been brought to our shores, and now the whole world knows of their existence! This is our war now, and we are going to handle it the way we always have. Through pure military strategy and coordination." The once liaison huffed as he shoved a piece of paper into Lennox's chest.