𝟎𝟎𝟕| 𝐙𝐄𝐑𝐎 𝐎'𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊

┏━━✦❘༻SEVEN༺❘✦━━┓

"Karma… I think I should go home now.. it's getting late." You whispered softly.

Karma raised an eyebrow. It was only 5:50pm. He was wondering why you'd want to go home at a time he considers 'early' for him.

"What? Why? Your father isn't home, so you don't need to leave this early." He stops walking, his hands in his pockets.

"Ah, well, it feels weird being out this late… and what if he comes home early? He won't find me at home, and I'll be in the biggest amount of trouble…" You look away, playing with your fingers. Karma sighs before pulling you into a hug.

Your face was in his chest, a hand on your lower back, and the other was comfortingly rubbing your head.

"Stop being so paranoid. How about this, you stay with me for at least an hour more and you can stay longer if you want and if not, I'll take you straight home. Deal?" You look up and see a small, warm smile on his pale face.

"Okay.." You nod, giving him one of your sweet smiles. Moments like this were ones you loved.

"How does [favourite fast-food restaurant] sound?" He pulls away from the hug and intertwines his hand with yours.

Hearing the name of your favourite restaurant turned your smile into the biggest grin you could muster.

"Heck yea!" Excitedly, you walked ahead, dragging Karma along with you. Seeing you like this made him look at you in such a loving way. If you had been staring into his eyes at this moment, you'd probably be overwhelmed with the number of butterfliesin your stomach.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[7:53 pm]

You opened the door to your house after Karma dropped you off. You were in an amazing mood, even a small little smile appearing.

It's like your day couldn't get any better.

But it certainly could get worse.

Removing your shoes and taking your coat off, you walked into the living room. There were papers scattered across the coffee table, some fluttering with each blow of wind.

Your eyebrows furrowed. You didn't recall leaving out a bunch of papers or even inviting someone over. Walking over to the table, you picked up a stray sheet of paper and saw the name it was addressed to.

'To (father's/name) (L/N)
From Ami (L/N)'

That caught your attention. This woman has the same surname as you and your father… Could she be the mother that ran away?

That really piqued your interest. Just as you were about to open the letter, a loud voice boomed from the kitchen doorway.

"What do you mean, you 'can't find the client'? Do you not understand how important they are to my company!? If you don't get a hold of them by the end of this week, you are fired. Understood?" The person on the other line's response is timid. Not even saying goodbye, he ends the call and turns to you.

"You." He states, venom present in his tone.

You gulped, hiding the sheet of paper behind your back. Your pupils were shaking in fear.

"Why are you home at this time? And dressed like that?" He questions, each step turning into stomps as he angrily makes his way over to you.

You were struggling to make an excuse. You could say you had detention, but you doubt he'd believe you went to detention without school appropriate clothes, plus the fact it's more than 3 hours since school ended. And it's not like he wouldn't call the school for proof.

"Answer me!" He bellowed, grabbing your collar, pulling you close to him.

"I went out with a friend.." You mumble, wary of anything that could piss him off further.

"What did I tell you!? Come straight home after school! And you thought you could do whatever you wanted, just because I wasn't here." He screams in your face.

"I'm sorry…" you mumbled again in fear, hands starting to shake once again. You may be used to all the abuse, but that doesn't mean you aren't fearful of what he could do.

" 'iM soRrY' you always say this, but do you ever mean it!? It's like you don't ever appreciate what I do for you. Ungrateful brat." He kisses his teeth at you as he mocks you. Sometimes, you wonder why he hasn't gotten rid of you yet. Every little thing you do pisses him off to the highest extent.

As much as you'd like to say something, you know better. So you just kept your mouth shut, your head down.

Your father opened his mouth, about to spew out more foul profanities before shutting it. You may have not seen it, but his hand was raised, ready to beat the hell out of you.

You took his silence as a threat and a sign that he is furious. He rarely does this, so your eyes instinctively close, awaiting the beginning of the many punishments to come. You heard an angry sigh before you were pushed away, causing you to stumble over your own two feet.

"Get out of my sight." He hissed, a hostile look in his eyes. It's best not to piss him off  especially when you've gotten this rare chance to escape.

Without hesitation, you quickly made your way down the corridor, stopping at the front of the stairs. Turning around, feeling his watchful eyes on you, you climbed the stairs and made your way into your room. Thoughts fill your mind, thinking about how there are certain thoughts you can't unthinkable. Realisations that you can't unrealise.

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 = 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠.

You sigh. A small part of you knew that this was a good revelation, maybe the start of a tiny shoot that could grow. But the girl who just wanted her dad to love her… the girl who needed that… the girl who had been bugging to matter since she drew breath… the girl who wakes up every morning, hoping this would be the day… that girl?

Well, that girl needed to go cry in her room.

┗━━✦❘༻END OF SEVEN༺❘✦━━┛