Chapter 4 ||| in my life.

[KYLES POV]

Once I retrieved my hat, I saw Stan staring at me with amusement. I shook my head disappointedly.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I said, holding my hat tightly with both of my hands. I noticed it began to snow as I waited for his response. He was in a daze, once again.

I sighed deeply before kneeling down to grab a clump of snow. I squeezed it, reforming the blob into a perfectly sculpted sphere. I practiced so much with this when I was a kid.

I gave him a warning look which he didn't seem to notice/care about. His daze wasn't over, he was still staring at me. Alright, I give up.

I brought my arm back, like how I did when I played baseball when I was a kid. He seemed to notice this, because his pupils dilated and he flinched. I smirked at him before throwing it as hard as I could, hitting him square in his face. Right on the nose. 

He stumbled backward, mumbling things to himself as he desperately wiped snow off of his face. I giggled at this.

"You look so retarded." I say, giggling up a storm. I bent over while holding my stomach, pointing at him with the other. My eyes were shut tightly. I could almost hear him smirking.

I stopped giggling abruptly when I heard snow shuffle in front of me. I looked up and saw him forming a sphere with his hands, not breaking eye contact with me. Oh shit.

Sure, I played baseball. But he was the starring pitcher! Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

"Stan, buddy, we can talk about this right? Aren't you my super best friend?" I asked, smiling nervously as I put my hands up in front of me. I took one step back, looking around for any sign of cover. Nope, just snow.

"I don't think so, Kyle.." He said, taking a step closer with every step that I took back. Before I knew it, I was backed up against the brick wall of the school building. My eyes widened in horror as my back hit the cold brick wall. I saw him smirk and raise an eyebrow as he brought his arm back. No no no no no no no no no

He then threw it, as hard as he probably could. I tried to duck, but his arm was too fast. It hit me in the collar, which made me flinch intensely. I froze, squatting as I leaned against the wall. He just stood there, waiting for a reaction. He looked at me as if he was expecting what I was going to do. 

I immediately dashed to the right, slipping on snow but not paying any mind to it. I scooped up some snow and squared up, facing him with my entire body.

"Oh, you're on" Stan said, hastily grabbing several clumps of snow. I smirked and threw one of my snowballs at him, hitting him on the top of his head. He immediately threw back, hitting me in the stomach. 

I giggled as I continued throwing several snow chunks at him, running as I did. I hit him with most of my throws, and he hit me with almost all of his. I squeaked when I slipped on some black ice, landing on my back. We both burst out laughing, me laying still on the ground. 

He dropped his pile of snowballs and helped me up. But I wasn't done yet. 

I grabbed a huge ass chunk of snow, the size of my torso. His eyes widened but he didn't move. I giggled mischievously before throwing it as hard as I could at him. He fell to the floor, landing on his ass. 

I B-lined for the doors of the school, trying to make my way inside before he could chase after me. Well, too late. 

He stood up quickly, grabbing more snow from the ground and making another perfect sphere. He shook his head as he smiled, before throwing it once again. I ducked instinctively, only to hear the snowball barely miss right above my head. I sighed in relief, wiping my forehead. I looked over at Stan and laughed, pointing at him. He was frozen, looking at something behind me. Did he hit someone, or something?