Chapter 20 ||| Fuck.

[kyles pov]

FINALLY IT'S FUCKING LUNCH TIME.

I jumped up from my seat, grabbing my backpack and quickly hurrying out of the classroom. Stan was in that class with me, so he quickly tried to keep up with me. 

"woah, Kyle! Wait up!" Stan called out, following me out of the door. I slowed down for a brief moment so he could catch up. 

"Hey Stan, what's up?" I asked, continuing to walk down the hallway with a slightly slower pace.

"I just wanted to see how you're holding up. Like, literally." Stan snickered. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, playfully nudging him as I smiled.

"Going fine. I have crutches in my locker if shit goes down, so I'm not too worried." I said. He nodded in reply.

"Oh yeah, I have a question for you." Stan said, continuing to walk down the crowded hall by my side.

"Shoot." I replied, focusing on where I'm walking and avoiding limping.

"I heard you and Craig were dating, is that right?" Stan asked. I froze up for a moment, but quickly continued to walk.

"Uh, yeah. We're um.. we're a thing." I said, a tone of discomfort in my voice. I didn't like lying to people, but it was for Craig's sake. Honestly, I wish I didn't have to lie when I say that. 

"Huh. Good for you guys." Stan said with a small smile and a shrug. "Also, I wanted to apologize for the whole.." He pointed to his lips, giving me a knowing look. I made an 'o' shape with my mouth.

"Oh, don't worry about it. It's fine." I said, waving a dismissive hand in the air. He nodded in reply.

"Wanna sit with us at lunch today?" Stan offered with a grin. I was about to say yes, when I remembered. Craig had to help me with my insulin injection.

"ah, I'm really sorry, but I can't.." I muttered. He raised his eyebrow.

"Why not? I'm not pushing it, just curious." Stan asked. I took a quiet, sharp inhale. Fuck.

"O-oh, I um.. so, I have to eat in the office! Because of my leg, ya know?" I said with a nervous chuckle. I think he knew I was lying, based off of the observing look on his face.

"..alright. If you say so." Stan shrugged, continuing to walk. I sighed quietly in relief. Thank fuck.

It was silent, other than the yells and stomping of people's feet throughout the halls. Stan and I were approaching the cafeteria doors, until someone stopped us.

"HA! LOOK GUYS, THE JOO HAS A BANDAGED FOOT!" Cartman yelled, laughing hysterically. Seriously?

"uhm.." I scratched the side of my head awkwardly, while Stan kind of glared at Eric.

"Eric, seriously? That isn't even- nevermind. You're fucking dumb." Stan sighed disappointedly. Eric snickered.

"You gonna whip out a stick on your leg, Kahl? You gonna be a pirate?" Eric laughed his ass off even further. I grimaced.

"Shut it. You had a dad bod at 9, you can't be talking." I shot back, narrowing my eyes at Eric.

"Oooh, the joo is getting angryy" Cartman cooed, pointing at me. People knew damn well I couldn't- and wouldn't deal with Cartman's bitching, so a small crowd had formed around us. They expected me to pick a fight in bandages? I mean, if Eric kept it up, they wouldn't be wrong.

"Just because I'm injured doesn't mean I won't kick your ass on the spot, Eric." I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest. He grinned.

"Is that so, kahl? Do it! Throw me your best half assed punch!" Eric dared, taking a horrible fighting stance. What a fucking dumbass.