Chapter 5 ||| soft breathing

[KYLE'S POV]

We ended up driving home at about 4:25. Craig was completely silent the whole ride. It wasn't an awkward silence, just silence.

This time, he didn't hand me his ipod. I didn't mind that, since the drive to my house was only 2 minutes away. Once we reached my house, I was about to unbuckle. He grabbed my arm for a moment and looked at me. I looked back at him, very confused.

"If you ever want to hang out again, just let me know." He said, a half smile ghosting over his face. I nodded, and continued to unbuckle.

I exited the car quickly. Before I went inside, I turned around and faced Craig. I gave him a smile and a wave, before going inside. I leaned against the door, and hid my face in my hands. I felt my cheeks heat up as I slid down the door. I just hung out with Craig Tucker. Craig Tucker.

I smiled and kicked my feet a bit as I thought about the events from moments before. I never would've expected that I would hang out with him. And he offered to hang out more often?! I need a nap. So much happened today.

I quickly took my shoes off, and tossed them in the closet by the front door. I jogged up the stairs, just to be met by a questioning Ike. He had an eyebrow raised, and his arms were crossed over his chest.

"Where have you been?" He asked, eyeing me up and down. This canadian is far too sassy for my liking.

"With a friend. Why do you care?" I shot back, looking down at his questioning brown eyes.

"Because you were supposed to watch me today. Mom and dad are on a date, and you were supposed to babysit me. I was all alone." He said, looking a bit more sad. My face immediately softened, and I kneeled down to his level.

"I'm sorry, Ike. I totally forgot, that was my bad. Do you want to play something?" I offered, feeling awful for forgetting.

"I'm tired, I wanna sleep.. Can I sleep with you?" He asked, taking a step closer to me as he yawned. I smiled and nodded.

"Sure bud. My room or yours?" I asked, opening my arms for a hug. He walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"Hmm.. Yours?" He murmured, squeezing me tightly. 

"Okay. Hold on tight!" I said, before squeezing him playfully as I picked him up. He giggled, and tightened his own grip on me. I held him with one arm, and walked to my room. I pushed the door open, revealing my room. My comforter was forest green, and the sheets were black. I had fake vines that were stuck behind my led lights. I had black pillow cases, and some squishmallows from previous birthdays. 

I sat on my bed, loosening my grip on Ike. I laid back on my pillows, allowing Ike to lay next to or on top of me. He laid on top of me, resting his head on my stomach. I smiled, and stroked his jet black hair. He's always been adorable since he was a baby. Within 5 minutes, his breathing slowed and was soft. I stopped stroking his hair and pulled out my phone. I began scrolling on social media, since it was only 8:02 pm. 

Then, an unknown number texted me. I opened the text, reading it.

UNKNOWN ID

UNKNOWN ID: yo, its craig. (8:03 PM)

You: oh, alright. how did u get my number?? (8:04 PM)

UNKNOWN ID: dont ask. wyd?? (8:04 PM)

You: js cuddling w my lil bro. I can send u a pic??(8:04 PM)

UNKNOWN ID: sure, wtvr(8:05 PM)

I pressed the camera button, and angled the phone down so he wouldn't be able to see my face. He could see some of my neck, most of my shirt, and Ike hugging me. Along with my comforter covering most of Ike. I pressed the white circle, and observed the photo. Perfect.