Chapter 9 ||| everybody's waiting

[KYLES POV]

I was broken out of my train of thought when the bell rang, alarming that 4th period was over. I grabbed my shit and stood up, not caring to push my chair in.

Not gonna lie, I was excited for the party now. Everybody was hyping me up and it made me even more excited.

I quickly dashed out of the room, holding my stuff tightly to my chest. I was so hungry since I skipped breakfast this morning. Stan even noticed my stomach grumbling several times in class.

I practically threw my stuff into my locker once I reached it, and slammed it shut. Right as I went to turn around, a tall muscular figure was standing over me.

"Why in such a rush, Broflovski?" A familiar monotone voice asked. I looked up and was met with Craig's golden eyes. I could stare into them all day, I swear. 

"I'm just really hungry, I missed breakfast this morning." I said, tapping my foot on the ground lightly making my impatience very visible. 

"Do you wanna hang out for lunch? Like we can go to a restaurant or something" He offered. I raised an eyebrow, confused.

"Tucker wants to hang out with me? What a surprise" I said sarcastically. As laid back as I seemed, I was freaking out. Craig was a fucking snack, and now I didn't have any significant other to worry about. I could feel myself heating up as steamy thoughts rolled into my mind. I mentally shooed them away.

"You alright Kyle? Your face is quite red" Craig pointed out, reaching two fingers to my forehead. I quickly took a half step back and he raised a brow.

"I'm fine! Yup, all good. Where are we going?" I asked hastily, smiling like nothing had happened. I would've freaked the fuck out if he touched me at all. Although we've hugged like twice, I couldn't handle any kind of physical attention from him right now.

 "There are only so many restaurants in town, so probably Tweek bros. You alright with that?" Craig asked, looking down at me. I could've sworn I saw a smile ghosting over his face. 

"Yeah, sure. Besides, I owe you for cancelling out on you yesterday" I said, shrugging and smiling slightly. He nodded and held his hand out for mine. I froze. He wanted me to hold his hand? Oh my god. I'm so downbad. 

I slowly yet gratefully took his hand, and followed him down the corridor. We went out the main doors where several students were making out or something like that. I cringed as I tried to look away.

Soon enough we made it to his car in the parking lot. He unlocked the car and let go of my hand, then opened the door for me.

"What a gentleman~" I cooed playfully, smiling like an idiot. He just scoffed and continued holding his car door open for me. I got in and nodded, then he closed the door. He got in the other side of the car quickly, and shut the door quite hard. He pulled out his ipod and unlocked it, making the code quite obvious to me. It was 0125, which I remembered was his birthday. 

Once, we(mainly Cartman) tricked him into investing in a Peruvian flute band with $100 that he got for his birthday. He got arrested and taken to Peru, which was entirely our fault. I ended up paying him back with well over what he got for his birthday. Since then he has given me less of a cold shoulder than the guys. 

He handed me the ipod, which had apple music open. I thanked him and tried to think of a song to listen to. I thought of one, but when I searched it up he didn't have it downloaded. 

(btw this song is one of my favs, and i doubt u'll know it bc my music taste is kinda rare)

"Can I use spotify? You don't have the song downloaded." I asked, looking over at me. He nodded as he pulled out of the parking lot. I closed the app and opened spotify, searching up the name.