|| 3. The Burrow

"I promised myself not to be involved with you three's stupid

"I promised myself not to be involved with you three's stupid... things anymore," Y/N grumbled, her voice a mix of exasperation and resignation. 

She sat in the backseat of the car, her arms crossed and a frustrated expression on her face. The car swerved through the air with an erratic energy that perfectly matched the chaos of the situation.

Beside her, Ron couldn't help but snicker at her attitude, clearly finding the whole scenario amusing. Kipper, the cat, nestled in Y/N's lap, seemed to have embraced the madness and was purring contentedly.

"I feel like something about you has changed," Ron mused, his tone contemplative amidst the craziness. "If I had broken into your room last year, you definitely would've beaten me up."

Y/N shot him a pointed look, her eyebrow arching as if to challenge his observation. "Who's to say I'm not gonna beat you up after this? Don't get your hopes up, Weasley," she retorted, her sarcasm laced with a hint of amusement.

"Why didn't you... think of inviting Hermione?" Y/N inquired, her gaze drifted out of the window.

"Do you really believe she would've been on board with this plan?" Ron retorted.

"Fair point," Y/N conceded.

"Hey, you two, is this the place?" Fred's voice burst out, which prompted Y/N and Ron to poke their heads out and examine a house with securely shut windows.

"Um... I think so?" Ron ventured. "Let's double-check the address."

"Confirmed. You owe me a Galleon later!" George announced boisterously, the vehicle steadily approached the window.

"Hiya there, Harry!" Ron called out, the car veerered slightly as it came to a halt, which brung the group face-to-face with Harry's surprised expression.

"Surprise rescue party, mate!" Fred chimed in with a grin as the car descended to just match the level of Harry's window.

"Ron? Fred? George? What—how—?" Harry stammered, his shock evident.

"We're here to save you, Harry!" Ron exclaimed.

"Grab your trunk!" Y/N shouted from the backseat, her urgency palpable. Harry nodded in a rush, swiftly starting to pack his belongings. Meanwhile, Ron produced a hook and secured it onto the window bars.

"Stand clear," Ron directed, and Harry quickly retreated a few paces. 

"Now!" Ron yelled as Fred revved the car's engine, the hook yanked the bars off the window. The car positioned with its open trunk that faced the window.

"Quickly!" Y/N urged as Harry hastily loaded his trunk into the car. Fred deftly spun the car around, and opened the door for Harry. With a sense of urgency, Harry handed his belongings to Ron, and the group encouraged him to speed up the process. Hedwig was carefully placed on Fred's lap.