|| 31. The Mightiest of All Four

Y/N's descent through the unknown passage was a chaotic whirlwind

Y/N's descent through the unknown passage was a chaotic whirlwind. Her frantic hands grasped at whatever surface she could find as she slid down a twisting, circular chute. The echoes of her terrified screams intertwined with those of the three Gryffindors.

Abruptly, Y/N let out a startled yelp as she reached the bottom of the slide, narrowly avoiding a stumble. Her fingers clung to the edge of what appeared to be the beginning of a pipe, preventing her from losing her balance.

Hermione followed suit, her own descent marked by a piercing scream. She instinctively clutched onto Y/N, who, in turn, wrapped her arms around Hermione to ensure she remained steady. Meanwhile, Harry and Ron had a less graceful landing, hitting the ground face-first with grunts of discomfort.

Lockhart observed the scene with a mix of surprise and confusion, prompting Harry and Ron to swiftly brandish their wands, keeping him at bay.

Amidst the tension, Y/N's voice faltered as she blushed, her eyes fixated on Hermione, who was still tightly intertwined with her.

Hermione, equally embarrassed, quickly disentangled herself from Y/N and redirected her gaze downward, focusing on the floor.

Y/N, ever inquisitive, lowered herself to the ground, her fingers lightly brushing against what appeared to be a collection of small bones. "What is this?"

The chamber they had arrived in was eerie and dimly lit. The walls were adorned with strange carvings and symbols, and the air was heavy with a damp, musty odor. Y/N's fingers brushed against the small bones on the floor as she examined them closely.

Harry and Ron got to their feet, their wands still trained on Lockhart, who looked rather disheveled and disoriented from the slide.

"I think these are bones," Hermione said, her voice trembling slightly as she pointed at the bones. "Look at the markings on them."

Y/N nodded in agreement, her eyes scanning the chamber. It was becoming increasingly clear that they were in a place closely connected to Salazar Slytherin, the founder of the Chamber of Secrets, sending a strange sense of deja vu through Y/N.

Lockhart, trying to regain some composure, looked around the chamber as well. "Well, this is quite the adventure, isn't it?" he said, attempting to sound nonchalant but failing miserably.

"Save your breath," Ron snapped, his wand still aimed at Lockhart. 

"Remember, if you see any movement, close your eyes instantly!" Harry cautioned. Y/N acknowledged his instructions with a nod, her attention drawn to a large circular hole in the wall, which appeared to be the passage used by the Basilisk.

As Y/N ventured into the pipe, Harry and Hermione followed suit, with Ron insisting that Lockhart trail behind them, keeping his wand pressed firmly against the man's back.

Inside the pipe, Y/N surveyed their surroundings, finding themselves in a cavern adorned with numerous stalactites. Her curiosity piqued as she came across a trail of massive snake skin, its scales covered in dust.