|| 4. Flourish and Blotts

"What do you reckon happened to Harry?" Y/N inquired, strolling along Diagon Alley with Harry

"What do you reckon happened to Harry?" Y/N inquired, strolling along Diagon Alley with Harry. They had opted for Floo Powder transportation, the Weasley family following behind.

"Oh, he'll be alright. Harry's tough," Ron shrugged, not seeming too concerned. Y/N gave him an unimpressed look.

"He said 'Diagonally' instead of 'Diagon Alley.' Aren't you worried about your best mate?" Y/N prodded, her tone slightly teasing. Ron made a dismissive raspberry sound.

"Come on, don't be a worrywart. Harry can handle himself," Ron reassured, which prompted an eye roll from Y/N.

"Look where we are—Flourish and Blotts!" Molly exclaimed as the group's attention drew and landed to a particular store.

"I can hang outside. Already got my books," Y/N suggested, but Molly waved off the idea.

"Nonsense, Gilderoy Lockhart's in there. It'd be a shame to miss him," Molly insisted, a mischievous glint in her eye. Y/N responded with a wry smile, sensing that this was something worth witnessing.

"Hey, is that Hermione?" Ron piped up, pointing across the street.

"Real funny, Ron," Y/N retorted sarcastically, catching on to his playful antics.

"No, seriously," Ron insisted, motioning with his hand. Y/N rolled her eyes, knowing he was probably just messing with her.

"Hey, Hermione! Over here!" Ron called out, prompting Y/N to turn and face the direction he was indicating. And there was—in fact— Hermione, walking with her parents, Y/N instinctively took a step backwards. But she barely had time to react as Ron grabbed her by the arm, making her pivot.

"Where are you going?" Ron questioned, a puzzled look on his face. Y/N bit her lip, struggling to come up with an explanation.

"Oh, you two still not getting along?" Ron inquired, his eyebrows quirking mischievously.

"Weasley, don't even think about it—" Y/N warned.

"Hermione! C'mon, this way!" Ron hollered, his voice carrying across the street.

"Ron? You're here too? Nice to see you again— oh," Hermione's smile faltered as she noticed Y/N, the awkwardness between them palpable. Their eyes met briefly, and they exchanged a hesitant look.

"Yeah, we're just browsing for some books. Y/N decided to join us," Ron responded, a hint of amusement evident in his voice.

"That's... nice," Hermione murmured, her gaze lingering on Y/N for a moment before she quickly averted her eyes. "Did... Harry not come along?" she inquired.

"Oh, he's here somewhere. I think I'll go find him," Ron announced suddenly and gave Y/N a gentle push towards Hermione before he walked off, which left the two girls in an awkward stand-off.

"Oh, Y/N, dear!" Mrs. Granger appeared beside them. "What a pleasure to run into you here," she greeted warmly. Y/N offered a wry smile in return.

"The pleasure's mine, Ma'am," Y/N replied, her tone a touch awkward. Mrs. Granger chuckled.