|| 23. You Think I'm Pretty?

"That's bullshit, it obviously isn't Harry," Y/N scoffed as she settled onto the swings next to Hermione and Ron, the term had ended and the cold snow swooped over them, the group all decided and agreed to stay for Christmas

"How do you even kill a ghost, anyways?" Y/N continued, her skepticism evident. Ron simply shrugged his shoulders, and Hermione chimed in to clarify.

"Nearly Headless Nick isn't dead—again; he's just been petrified," Hermione corrected.

"Exactly! And people think a twelve-year-old boy can petrify a ghost?" Y/N exclaimed, clearly not buying into the theory.

Ron, always one to play devil's advocate, murmured, "Well, Harry did survive the Killing Curse..." He quickly raised his arms defensively as Y/N shot him a glare.

"Also, are you sure Miss and Mr. Granger are okay with you staying in school for Christmas Break? I know how possessive they get of you," Y/N added, turning her attention to Hermione.

Hermione returned the question with a knowing look. "I could say the same for Auntie Amaryllis," she replied. "And... they'll be off at work most of the time anyway, so it seems like a waste to stay there, especially if you aren't going to be there as well."

"Hm, can't even spend a day without me, Granger?" Y/N teased, a smug smile playing on her lips. Hermione rolled her eyes in response.

"Yuck, maybe get a room next time?" Ron gagged dramatically, poking fun at their banter.

"Yuck, maybe you should go away next time," Hermione retorted with a playful glare, her words carrying a hint of warmth beneath the surface. Ron, always ready to tease, raised an eyebrow.

"So you're not even gonna deny that you two are shamelessly flirting in public? That's a step-up, what's next? Me and Harry just finding you in one of your rooms snogging?" Ron taunted, grinning as he enjoyed their embarrassment.

"Shut up, we're just friends," Y/N retorted, her cheeks tinged with a blush. Hermione couldn't help but chuckle softly, the same unfamiliar feeling that had been swirling within her returning at the mention of being just friends.

"Okay. And my wand isn't broken," Ron replied. Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Oh look, there's Harry," Ron whispered, his finger pointing toward the approaching raven-haired boy. The three friends immediately stood up, concern etched on their faces as they bombarded Harry with questions, making sure he hadn't been expelled.

"You're not expelled, right?" Y/N asked, her hands on Harry's shoulders as she looked at him with worry. Harry quickly reassured them, nodding to let them know he was fine.

"I'm not, I'm not," Harry replied, his relief palpable.

Ron took a moment to offer some advice. "Also, Harry, don't beat yourself up over Fred and George egging you on about being the heir of Slytherin and the Chamber of Secrets stuff. It was all harmless fun," he said.