|| 24. Slytherin Common Room

Y/N took her seat beside Harry and Ron, and Hermione joined them, carrying a tray of sweets

Y/N took her seat beside Harry and Ron, and Hermione joined them, carrying a tray of sweets. She whispered, "Everything's set, we just need a bit of who you're changing into."

"Nott, Crabbe, and Goyle," Harry replied, and Hermione nodded.

"We also need to make sure that the real three can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy," Hermione added. Ron looked puzzled.

"How?" Ron asked, and Hermione raised her hands to reassure him.

"I've got it all worked out," she said, reaching into her pocket and pulling out three muffins. "I've filled these with a simple sleeping draught," she explained. "Simple," she repeated. "But powerful," she added, placing the muffins on the table.

"Now, once they're asleep..." Hermione began. "Hide them in the broomstick cupboards and pull out a few of their hairs," she instructed, causing the three of them to grimace. "And put on their uniforms."

"Hermione, I think you're mad if you think I'm gonna eat Theodore Nott's hair," Y/N said bluntly.

"Exactly, whose hair are you ripping out?" Ron chimed in, his brows furrowed. Hermione reached for her pocket.

"I've already got mine," Hermione said smugly, revealing a small vial. "Millicent Bulstrode. Slytherin," she deadpanned. "I've got this off her robes," she said proudly.

"Why do you have her robes—"

"I'm gonna go check on the Polyjuice Potion, you three make sure Crabbe and Goyle find these," Hermione instructed.

"Okay, I don't doubt Crabbe and Goyle, but do you think Nott is gonna be stupid enough to eat a muffin off the ground?" Y/N deadpanned. Hermione's lips parted.

"I didn't think about that," Hermione admitted.

"Whatever, I'll improvise. See you three later," said Y/N as she rose from the table and walked away.

✴✴✴✴✴

Y/N pressed her back against the wall, gripping the muffin tightly in her hand. Under the Invisibility Cloak borrowed from Harry, she had arranged to one of her Slytherin friends to ask Theodore to meet with her, whom Y/N had asked to meet at the entrance of the courtyard.

As Y/N waited, Theodore Nott walked down the corridor with a slightly annoyed expression, clutching a book tightly in his hand. Approaching him, Y/N could hear Theodore muttering about Y/N wasting his time, suspecting that she had ditched him or played a prank on him.

"Ugh," Theodore grunted as he looked around, searching for any sign of Y/N, who was discreetly behind him.

"Ow!" Theodore exclaimed, feeling a poking sensation behind him. He jumped and dropped his book before swiftly turning around—only to find nothing there.

"What the...?" Theodore grumbled before his eyes rolled back, and he fainted on the ground.

Y/N had Theodore's book in her hand, biting her lip as she took off the Cloak, wearing a wry smile. "I am so gonna be in trouble for this..."