|| 28. Order of Suspension

Y/N stepped out of the Ravenclaw Common Room, her brow slightly furrowed as she looked around the empty tower

Y/N stepped out of the Ravenclaw Common Room, her brow slightly furrowed as she looked around the empty tower. She let out an irritated huff, suspecting that Harry and Ron had probably played a prank on her.

As she turned to leave, she abruptly jumped when Ron, Harry, and Hermione's faces appeared before her, making her stumble back a few steps. They were under the Invisibility Cloak, with parts of their bodies invisible.

"Blimey, give me a heart attack, will you?" Y/N grumbled. "What are you doing? It's curfew!"

They heard approaching footsteps, and Hermione quickly dragged Y/N under the cloak, hiding her among them. The four of them squeezed together as they tried to remain concealed.

"We need to go to Hagrid's!" Hermione whispered urgently, and Penelope, the Ravenclaw Prefect, walked by them, completely oblivious to their presence.

"Why?" Y/N said in a hushed, yet panicked and confused voice.

"Just trust me!"

✴✴✴✴✴

The four knocked on Hagrid's door while still under the cloak, and heavy footsteps approached them. The door was kicked open, revealing Hagrid standing there, a crossbow pressed tightly against his chest in a protective stance.

"Hello?" Hagrid whispered. "Hello!?"

The four removed the cloak, noticing the crossbow. "What's that for?" Harry asked, a bit startled at the sight of it.

Hagrid placed his crossbow down. "Oh, nothing. I was expecting, uh— it doesn't matter," Hagrid mumbled, opening the door wider. "Come on in. Just made a pot of tea."

Y/N tilted her head as she entered the hut, with the others following. They gathered around the table in the middle of the room, and Hagrid poured each of them cups of tea, with a plain cake sitting in the center.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows as she observed Hagrid. "Hagrid, you okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine," Hagrid said quietly. "I'm alright."

"...Did you hear about Agil?" Hermione spoke up. Hagrid nodded.

"Oh yeah. I was the one to find her, too. I heard about that, alright," Hagrid replied softly.

"Hagrid. We have to ask you something," Harry said in a serious tone, licking his lips nervously before taking a deep breath and puffing out his chest. "Do you know who's opened the Chamber of Secrets?"

Hagrid's mouth hung open, and he let out a deep sigh. "What you have to understand," he began to explain himself before a knocking interrupted him. The four exchanged glances, and Hagrid gestured for them to hide under the cloak in the corner.

Hagrid grabbed his crossbow once more, opened the door before his mouth parted, and he gestured to the side. "Professor Dumbledore, sir!"

"Good evening, Hagrid. I wonder...— could we...?" Dumbledore greeted as he looked around the room.