|| 18. Broken Arm

TW : SUBTLE MENTIONS OF ED

"Did you hear? Harry broke his arm during his match today." Aurora shared some news with Y/N inside the cozy Ravenclaw Common Room. Y/N was surprised to hear about Harry's broken arm.

"He what?" Y/N responded in astonishment.

Aurora looked at her with a puzzled expression. "You didn't watch his match?" she inquired.

Y/N sighed softly. "I was practicing my abilities," she admitted. "I couldn't find the time," she added.

Aurora seemed concerned. "Don't you ever get tired of practicing?" she asked. "By the way, I heard rumors that someone tampered with his broom, but no one knows who," she informed.

Y/N raised an eyebrow, her curiosity piqued. "Someone tampered with his broom? I was going to say Malfoy, but he was in the match too, so it must've been someone else," she mused, looking thoughtful as she set her book aside.

"I guess so," Y/N muttered absentmindedly, her gaze drifting up to the ceiling as she whistled softly.

Aurora's attention was on her phone. "Oh, my sister sent me a text message. She's in Agil and Axel's year," she exclaimed while scrolling through her phone. Y/N's jaw clenched at the mention of the twins. She didn't exactly 'hate' them, but the mere mention of their names brought back memories of Caspian.

"Uh-huh," Y/N replied in a detached manner.

Aurora continued, seemingly unaware of Y/N's discomfort. "Hey, I've heard Agil's a nice girl. I've talked to her, and my sister speaks fondly of her. I never realized yours was so—" Aurora began.

"Not my sister," Y/N interrupted, her voice firm.

Aurora chuckled lightly. "Come on, Y/N, everyone knows you two are related. Just talk to her. It's not like it's her fault that your father— you know," she added, her smile fading as she turned to Y/N, who didn't find the joke amusing in the slightest..

"Am I... doing the right thing?" Y/N suddenly asked, catching Aurora off guard.

"What?" Aurora responded, her confusion evident.

"Agil," Y/N muttered, struggling to find the right words. Her mouth hung open for a moment as she grappled with her thoughts. "It's— she's been driving me crazy, both her and Axel."

"Everyone assumes I should accept her as my sister just because I'm related to her by blood. They all refer to her that way, too. Sometimes I wonder if I'm being overly dramatic, if it's not that big a deal, and I should just talk to her and suck it up," Y/N confessed, her words flowing in a rush. Aurora looked surprised by this revelation.

"You don't have to consider her your sister if you don't want to," Aurora reassured Y/N. "I was just kidding,"

Y/N sighed softly. "Everyone makes me feel like I should," she admitted.