Chapter 4 - The Book

The night slowly comes, the air was crisp and cool

The night slowly comes, the air was crisp and cool. The smell of citrus fills up the bathroom as Kornkamon finished showering. She changed into a fresh nightdress, hair in a messy bun and she sit on the bed scrolling through her phone while crossing her legs.

Suddenly remembers about the book that she found, she gets up and take the book from her nightstand. Getting comfier, she leans on the headboard of her king size bed and stretch her legs forward.

 Getting comfier, she leans on the headboard of her king size bed and stretch her legs forward

"The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. "

She reads the title of the book. She's not really into reading but curiousity kills her. She opens the very first page of the book and found a handwriting.

" To: The love of my entire life, my heart and my soul, Samanun Anantrakul."

"Samanun.. Why did the name sounds familiar?"

She go through a few pages, stopping at a few highlighted phrases and reads them.

"‘Oh, you want too much!’ she cried to Gatsby. ‘I love you now—isn’t that enough?'”

" I knew it was a great mistake for a man like me to fall in love."

"No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart."

"His heart beat faster and faster as Daisy’s white face came up to his own. He knew that when he kissed this girl, and forever wed his unutterable visions to her perishable breath, his mind would never romp again like the mind of God."

Going through the book page by page, something slip off from the pages of the book.

" Huh, what is this?"

A piece of photo size of a polaroid dropped on her toned stomach. She reads the back of the photo without turning to look at the photo itself.

"Samanun & ..."

The ink on the latter part of the name was smudged and can't be read. It was the same handwriting from the very first page of the book.

She turns the photo on the other side.