Chapter 6 - Time With You

Morning comes and the sun poured through the window of her bedroom. Mon rubbed her half opened eyes and went to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. She then walked downstairs while tying her robe around her small waist. Her kitchen was filled with the smell of something fragrance with a bit of cinnamon and something sweet resulting in her stomach growling.

"Sam??"

The golden hue of light from the kitchen windows lingered on Sam's profile making her looks like she was carved by Michelangelo

The golden hue of light from the kitchen windows lingered on Sam's profile making her looks like she was carved by Michelangelo. Sam turns her head to the sound of the voice.

"Good morning. I made you breakfast. Come and sit." Sam motion her to the kitchen island.

"It smells so good, what did you make?"

"Nothing fancy. It's just pancakes with maple syrup. It's been a while since I cook. I hope you don't mind?"

"This is perfect. Why are you making breakfast?"

"Think of it as.. me paying your rent!" Sam giggles.

"Oh so now you're paying your rent with pancakes? I'll take what I can get."

They both laughed while Sam puts three pieces of pancakes for Mon and cut some butter to put on top of it. The butter melted on the hot pancakes releasing buttery aroma making Mon's mouth watered. Sam then poured some sweet maple syrup to complete her creation.

Mon cuts them into tiny bits and was ready to put into her mouth when she realised Sam was staring at her.

"Err.. Aren't you going to join me?", Mon asked.

"In a minute. I wanna know what you think first." Sam replied.

Her eyes sparkled waiting for Mon to taste what she just made. Mon take her first bite of the pancakes. And it was not what she expected.

"This is.. really hard to swallow." Mon said in her head.

It was quite salty and she can taste the slight burnt. It was hard to chew let alone to swallow. But it's the thought that counts. She thought it was really cute of Sam trying to make her breakfast. Sam was still waiting for her response with puppy dog eyes. She would hate it to break Sam's heart.

"Oh. My. God. This is really good Sam.", Mon exaggerates while still having trouble chewing.

"Really?? I'm so glad you like it."

Her face lights up hearing the validation from the human. She then took her own bite from her plate. Mon was nervous to see Sam's reaction when she finds out the truth.

"Blurghh! This is disgusting!" Sam spit out her pancakes.

"You don't have to lie Mon."

"Whattt.. No! This is good I swear!" Mon replied in panic.