Humanism

It's the next day and you're journaling ideas for a cold open, then Stephen knocks on your open office door to get your attention. "Hey!" He says with a smile on his face. "Great show last night I forgot to tell you." He says while walking in. "Same to you." You reply. "Hey do you have any plans this weekend?" He says as he gets comfortable in your office. "No why? Can you put that down?"  You say as he picks up your bobble head of Franklin Roosevelt. "Oh." He chuckles as he puts it down. "Well I don't want you to see me as only work and business, so would you like to come to a family dinner on Saturday? My kids are in town and they're dying to meet you." "Yes!" You say without hesitation. "Ok well I'll text you the details." He says almost exiting. "Do you have my number?" "I'm pretty sure I do." He says getting out his phone. "Is this you?" He says, then your phone starts ringing. "I guess it is... where is my phone?" You start looking for your phone, Stephen starts helping without you knowing. You're looking on the top part of your desk, then remember you put it in one of the drawers. Your phone stops ringing, and Stephen starts calling it again. You bend over to get it from your drawer, unintentionally touching Stephen's crotch. "I'm sorry!" You say embarrassed by what just happened. "Oh no I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been behind you, I should've let you look for it on your own." There's a silence. "Well, see you Saturday!" You say to lighten up the mood. "Yea, but we got a show to do first!" He says smiling, then he quickly leaves your office. Leaving you to relive that moment. You're embarrassed, but all you could think about was his cock. How it felt pressed against you, and how you wanted the full experience with it.

Stephen ❤️
"Hey y/n"
"Here are the details for Saturday"
"You don't have to wear anything formal, it's going to be at the Cosme Mexican restaurant in Manhattan. Be there around 6:30. See you there!"

You
"Can't wait 🥰"

Saturday

The restaurant wasn't far from where you lived, so you decided to walk. When you get there you see Stephen raise his hand to get your attention, he gets up to greet you. "You know my wife Evie right?" The name "Evie" echos in your brain. "Sure do, hello." You say shaking hands with her.  She seems unimpressed by you, and you get the feeling that this will be an awkward dinner. "These are my kids Madeline, Peter, and John." He says as they wave at you, you wave back. Everyone then takes a seat. "Nice to finally meet you, my dad can't talk about his day at work without mentioning you." Madeline says "Oh really?" You reply. "I mean, I have to tell them about my favorite writer or they won't know who carries the show." "Oh no Stephen, you've been doing this for a long time, you're the boss and you know what you're doing. I'm pretty sure you carry the show." you reply. "I may carry it on my arms, but you carry it on your back." Stephen says smirking. You couldn't tell if he was being nice or flirting. "You know Stephen talks about you so much that I have to remind him who he's married to." Evie remarks as she takes a sip of her drink. The kids try to calm her jealousy as they're glad to be in your presence. "I think we should order." You say to switch subjects, and everyone agrees.

"Hey Mr Colbert can we get a picture?" Fans in the restaurant hesitantly ask. "Sure!" Stephen takes their phone to take the picture, and gives it back. The fans must've been comedy enjoyers, because they recognized you too. "You're y/n right? We've seen some of your specials, and we follow your social medias!" "Can we get a picture with you too?" The fans ask. "Yea c'mon let's get a group photo." You suggest. After the photos are taken, and a whole lot of food and conversations, the bill comes around. You take out your wallet to pay. "No no no I got it, put that back." Stephen says. "C'mon I can pay for my own meal, it's nice enough that you invited me." You look down at your bill, then Stephen takes it from you. "She said she could pay her own bill Stephen!" Evie says angrily. "No, like she said, I invited her so this is mine to pay. Before I pay this do you want anything else? Desert-" "Stephen!" Evie is furious at this point, but Stephen ignores her. "Drinks?" Stephen continues. "I'm going to the restroom." Evie says frustrated and jealous, she leaves the table. "That's not even where the bathroom is." Stephen says to himself, knowing that Evie is leaving the restaurant. "You didn't do anything wrong dad, you were just being nice." John says to his father. "Thought I was." Stephen replies. "Don't get down on yourself dad, you know how she gets." Peter adds. "Well I think we should go, we all know mom isn't in the restroom. Good luck dad." Madeline says kissing her dad's forehead and leaving. The boys give their dad a sign off before leaving as well, leaving you both alone and feeling like we've ruined everything.

"I apologize, I feel like I ruined everything. I should go." You tell Stephen. "Stay. Please? I know Evie already left and I don't have a ride home. It's a long drive so I'm sorry if you need a ride. Maybe we can take the subway or a train." He replies. "Oh no Stephen I live near by, I walked here, you can come with me if you'd like." "Yea, I'd like that." He says smiling and walking out the door with you.