Our Little Secret... For Now

A few hours later, Stephen is fully dressed. Unfortunately, you break the news to him that he is going to have to go home. "I know, I was planning on taking a train to Jersey, then calling my security to drive me home." He replies in a disappointing tone.

"That seems like the safest way." You said.
"Well, see you tomorrow y/n."
"See you tomorrow Stephen. Be careful." You say to him, putting a smile on his face before he leaves your apartment.
And there you were, alone again. Feeling both guilty, and pleased with everything that has happened within the past 24 hours.

The Next Day

On your way to work, you receive a call from Stephen.

Y/n: "Hello?"
Stephen: "Hey y/n!"
Y/n: "Um... I'm on my way if you're wondering."
Stephen: "Nah, I'm not calling about that, I just need to be comforted."
Y/n: "Oh, is this about Evie?"
Stephen: "Yea."
Y/n: "So she didn't take your quote 'hotel room stay' very nicely."
Stephen: "I didn't think she could hate me more."
Y/n: "I'm sorry Stephen, if I hadn't offered to-"
Stephen: "Don't blame yourself for this sweetheart, it's not your fault. After all, she left me without a ride... and you gave me one if you know what I mean."
Y/n: "Stephen."
Stephen: "Sorry. But she did forgive and forget, after making me buy her a 15 thousand dollar necklace."
Y/n: *Sigh* Well, I'm checking in so, I'll see you up there."
Stephen: "Okay."

Call ends.

You walk into the writer's room, greeting your acquaintances before going into your office. After jotting down more ideas and pitching them to the writing crew, you go to the lounge to get some coffee. You don't see Stephen, but you see Evie. She was showing off her new necklace to staff around the building, for reasons you will never understand. It was only a matter of time before she made her way to you. To avoid her, you take an alternate route to your office. While watching the news and drinking coffee in your office, you hear Evie's heals clack their way through your door.

"Hey y/n." She says with all intentions of annoying you. "You like my necklace?"
"Yea, must've costed a fortune." You say not giving a damn. "Well it's a little birthday gift from Steve, you know how he gets." She says in a stubborn tone. "Heyyy beautiful." Stephen says in a silly manner as he walks down the hall that leads to your office. He is unpleasantly surprised by Evie's presence, and tries to pay it off. "I knew you were in here, how ya doin?" You are just as disturbed by this as Stephen is. "I'm just showing off the necklace, y/n said she likes it, and I think her... cheap, handmade jewelry is nice too. See you later." She says exiting.

"Wow." You say after she's gone.
"Hey don't worry about it." Stephen says trying to comfort you. "I never even said I liked that... fucking necklace. And I thought her birthday was in July... it's September if you hadn't noticed." You look at Stephen, but he just has a blank stare on his face. "She can't keep getting away with this. What is she even doing here? Like you said she doesn't do a damn thing." You say getting more aggressive each sentence. "Constantly being here for no reason is one thing, but being in the credits for constantly being for no reason is bullshit." Stephen is still just standing there, absorbing every word you say.

"And I like my jewelry by the way! It's not 15 thousand dollars but it's homemade and I don't give a damn!" You say slamming your pen on your notebook. "Ok, calm down. They're gonna hear you y/n." Stephen says. This makes you stand up and say "I don't care! She's made me feel like shit since I met her and-" Stephen closes the door and runs to kiss you mid sentence.

"Stephen stop, we're at work." You say trying to escape his touch. He grabs your waist and pulls you back, putting your ass on his crotch. Planting kisses on your neck he says "I'm so sorry for all of this. Let's just try to get through this week ok?"
"I'm more concerned with trying to get through today." You reply

"Has anyone seen Stephen?" You hear from outside of your office. "Duty calls baby, our little secret... for now?" He says. "Our little secret, for now. You say I'm return with a smile on your face. He kisses you one last time as he leaves your office.