An Unexpected Guest

August 2023

You haven't seen or heard from Stephen in a few months, but you're slowly making peace with the fact that this is gonna be the new normal for a while. In the comfort of your apartment, you're cooking yourself dinner and jamming to your favorite songs. Suddenly you get a text, it's from Stephen. It seemed like you hadn't heard from him in forever, and it's just a simple text that reads "Hey I'm on my way." You quickly turn your food down and process the message, but before you can respond, you hear a knock on your door. "That can't be him." You think to yourself. You're only wearing a tank top and shorts, but you insist on opening the door before thinking to change.

And there he was. Full bearded with longer hair, he looked like he'd been going through hell in the past month. He's wearing all black, and looks hungry for what he's been lacking in the past month...

You.

"Woah." You say in reaction to his appearance. "Sorry for the late text. I would've used my key, but I didn't wanna creep you out." He says nervously looking at the floor.

" He says nervously looking at the floor

"Um... so how have you been? And where are your glasses?" You ask as you go behind him to close the door.

"I've been missing you. And I broke my glasses, as I always do. Thought I'd try out contacts instead of continuing to wear those super thick ones. So how have you been?" He says.

"Depressed. I've been missing you too, and this loneliness has been affecting me. I've just be really fucked up." You reply.

"I understand . You don't know the hell Evie has been putting me through. We got into an argument because I wouldn't shave on her birthday. I told her I wasn't going to, but the day her birthday comes and I'm still bearded it's a fucking surprise to her." "Look, I'm cooking dinner right now. Come sit down and get comfortable, I'll fix you a plate. Matter of fact, do you want something to drink?" You say taking off his jacket and sitting him down on the couch. "I'm kinda like you when it comes to alcohol, which is quite unfortunate, but you name it I have it." You continue. "If it can help spread a fire pour it. Raw."