Just The Beginning

Friday Morning

You're in your kitchen fetching a cup of orange juice, then you get a call from Stephen. "Hey Stephen!" "Hey y/n! I'll be there in 20 minutes, are you all packed?" He responds with excitement. "I didn't know you were coming so early, I would've packed last night." You reply. "I just didn't wanna waste any time, but take all that you need dear." He says. "Oh no Stephen, I just teleported from the kitchen to my room. I don't wanna waste anytime either." You reply packing your bags. "But Stephen... are you sure about this?" You say as the overthinking and anxiety creeps into your head again. "Yes I'm sure about this. I didn't wanna make this a missed opportunity. Don't worry darling." He says in an assuring tone. "Ok... well I'm gonna finish packing, I'll see you in a few." You say as Stephen hangs up.

A few minutes later, Stephen unlocks and opens your front door. "Stephen, you said you'd be here in 20." You say trying not to laugh. "The element of surprise babygirl!" He says jokingly. "Well, let me get dressed, then everything for this weekend, including what I wearing to the show should be packed." You say taking off your shirt. Stephen whistles at you because he likes what he sees. "I'd like a piece of that." He says looking you up and down. You start laughing.  "Get in there, before I come in there with you!" Stephen says jokingly. After you're all dressed and packed, you start asking Stephen questions as you leave. "So how are we gonna get to Jersey? I don't see a car out here." Stephen points to a black SUV parked across the street. "Security knows about us." He says. "If I'm gonna be with you I at least need the people who protect me to know, so that they can also protect you." He continues. "Oh, well that's fine, I agree." You respond. Stephen grabs your hand and you walk to the car together. "We're just riding to the rooftop, we're actually taking a helicopter. You're not afraid of flying are you?" He asks. "No, I love flying! I just haven't in a while."

After a nice conversation in the car, you've arrived at the building where your helicopter is going to take off from. "I'm gonna go check in with the pilot, stay here." Stephen says leaving you with a security guard. "Hi." You say to the guard in attempt to cure the awkwardness. "Hey." He replies. "Shocker huh?" You ask him to see how he feels about all this. "Not at all. With the way Evie treats Stephen, and us... something like this was bound to happen." He responds. "Oh so you guys get the Evie treatment too?" You ask. "I wish we didn't." He says. Stephen comes back with the pilot "Ok we're all set." He tells us. You take Stephen's hand as he helps you into your seat. "This won't take long honey." He says smiling and gripping your thigh. Looking at the view of NYC Stephen says "Beautiful isn't it." "Sure is." You say in agreement.

"So, I talked to the guard, he says they get the Evie treatment too." You tell him. "Yea" Stephen says as he looks down. "But, this weekend is about us... we don't have to think about her." You say grabbing his hand. He looks up and smiles at you. "That's what I'm talking about." He says before kissing your hand. "But I have to ask, what is she in South Carolina for?" "Well, she just likes to be down there. She's a southern girl, never really a big fan of New York or New Jersey. She goes down there every other weekend. I love South Carolina too, but for her it's like metal to a magnet." There's a second of silence, the Stephen says as he looks out of the window. "I always love this view..." he turns to you "...but I think this is my best view." You start to blush a bit before Stephen pulls you in for a kiss. You would think that by now you'd be used to his kisses, but the feeling remains the same every time.