No Place Like "Home"

Friday Afternoon
Montclair, NJ

"So did you enjoy the ride?" Stephen says as you're walking up his driveway. "I did, I just wish you would've let me carry my luggage." You reply. "Nah I got it, I got it." Stephen says taking out his key to unlock his door. As he does so, you notice that you're in the sight of multiple security cameras that are at his door. "Woah hey!" You shout moving out of his doorway, which didn't help, because he also had some in the driveway. "You didn't think this through did you?!" You say upset with him as you're now looking at the driveway cameras. Stephen is alarmed by you shouting. He looks at what you're looking at and chuckles. "Oh honey, don't worry about the security cameras, I'm the only one that checks them. I remember when we were setting these up. I tried to get Evie to download the apps and everything, but she just didn't give a damn. You're ok sweetheart, come inside." Stephen says putting his arm around you and walking inside with you.

"You have a creative house!" You say sarcastically mocking him from the first time he saw your place. He laughs. "I like to think so." He says while taking your luggage to upstairs. "I'm gonna go put up your stuff." He tells you. As he leaves you downstairs, you look around, looking at all the photographs and decorations. You then go over to the living room and stand there waiting for Stephen to come back. "You hungry?" He asks coming back downstairs. "I could eat." You reply. "Well, let's go somewhere. Unless you're not ready for that, then we could just order something." He says. "I'm not sure. I'd love to go out with you... but I'd be out with you." "What does that mean?" Stephen replies. "I'm just saying that I don't want to raise suspicion."

As you sit on the couch, Stephen grabs an empty picture frame and sits next to you. "I will frame a picture of you and put it next to my family photos." He says, which leads to mass confusion. "What?" You ask. "I'm going to have a picture of you in my house. I don't care who sees, I don't care who questions, I don't care who notices." He replies. "Oh I see what this is about. You think I'm ashamed of you." You tell him. "Are you?" He questions. "I'm not ashamed of you, or my love for you. However I am ashamed of the situation we're in. You're a married man Stephen, whether you want to be or not. You haven't filed for divorce, or really done anything to make this better in my case." Stephen pauses. "You're right. I'm sorry, I let pride get in the way. I wasn't thinking about your point of view." He he says. "I'm willing to be whatever you want me to be. But you have to take the steps to make this a more comfortable situation for me to do so." You say before kissing his forehead.

When you get up, Stephen takes your hand and pulls you back down. He kisses you and says. "I'll get better at this, I promise." "Hope so." You say jokingly as you tap his nose and walk away. "Really?" He says with a smile on his face. "Where are you going?" He adds "House tour." You reply. "You're gonna need a tour guide." He says trying not to laugh. "Catch me if you ca-." Stephen immediately gets up and chases you. Your first instinct is to go upstairs because it's closer, but you're not fast enough. Stephen scoops you up as you head for the stairs. "You're coming with me." He says with you in his arms. "You got lucky this time, I wanted you to pick me up" You reply. "I know." He says. He eventually sets you back on the couch y'all were originally sitting on. "Are you still hungry?" He asks "Not really, I just want to spend time with you now." You respond. "I'll tell you what, I'll go make some popcorn and we can just watch a movie. Any suggestions?" "Lord Of The Rings!" You say knowing he'd appreciate it. Your response gives him a smile. "Are you just saying that for me?" He says. "Nah I'd really just wanna rewatch the battle between Gandalf and the Balrog, also I find the arguments between Sméagol and Sam pretty funny." Stephen pauses.  "This is why love you. I'm gonna go get the popcorn." He says as he jogs out of the room in excitement, leaving you laughing.