Blank Space

It's been a little over a month into the strike. You haven't seen Stephen, or even heard from him in a while. You spoke to him on his birthday, and he seemed quite stressed, as if he was lost without seeing you everyday

You felt the same way. You had been doing stand up shows to keep yourself occupied, but it didn't distract you from missing his presence. You finally build up the courage to call him, and he answers almost immediately.

Stephen: "Hey y/n!"

Y/n: "Hey, just checking in; it's been a while."

Stephen: "It's been way too long. I miss you dearly."

Y/n: "I miss you too Stephen, when's the next time you're gonna be out there with us?"

Stephen: "I can be out there this week, how's the 13th sound?"

Y/n: "That's great, I'll see you there. How's Evie?"

Stephen: "She's existing. Hey I've been seeing clips from your shows on social media, you've been killing it girl!" He says quickly moving from your question.

Y/n: "Oh really? Thank you Stephen, I didn't think you were watching considering the fact that you don't even post on social media."

Stephen: "I'll tell you what, I'll set up my threads account and post on it."

Y/n "I'll be waiting."

Stephen: "Also did you ever go to (wherever you're from) to visit your family?"

Y/n: "I did! Everyone looked the same as they did when I saw them last, so I came back."

(He laughs at your joke, then he hears his doorbell ring)

Stephen: "Speaking of family, my kids are at the door. I'll see you this week though right?"

Y/n: "You know it."

Stephen: "Alright. I love you. Bye.

(He ends the call)

Just hearing his voice was enough to make you melt. That phone call helped you contain your sanity. However, the loneliness gets the best of you, and you drift into a depression. You can't even walk around your apartment without thinking about the times he came over. The entire purpose of you doing stand up shows was to keep you from depression, yet it got you anyway. Your only motivation to preform, was the fact that Stephen enjoyed it. Anything that puts a smile on his face is something worth doing. So the next day you went to your scheduled show. Doing what you love is amazing, but the man you love enjoying it also was all you needed to get by.