Late Night

As you're waiting for the show to come on, you're sitting on your couch writing new material for a show you booked the coming weekend. You get a knock on your door. Not knowing who could possibly be at your door this late, you hesitate to answer. "It's Stephen." you hear from outside of your door. You quickly get up and open the door, and there he was.

"What are you doing here this late Stephen, are you ok?" You ask extremely worried. "Can I watch the show over here?" He asks. "Come in, I don't like you being out here this late." You reply
He comes in and sits on your couch, right next to where he could tell you were sitting. "Coke or Sprite?" You ask offering him a drink. "Coke would be good dear." As soon as you hand him the drink you start questioning. "So you came here all the way from New Jersey, just to watch the show at my place?" "I never went home, I just stayed in the theatre." He says taking a sip. "Stephen... what about Evie? Does she not notice these things?" you say concerned for him. "I told her I was having meetings late into the evening. She doesn't watch the show anyway, unless she's on. She's sleep right now." "Don't you care about getting caught?" you say in the same worried tone. He pauses and glances over at you.

"I'm in love with you y/n. I've been in love with you for YEARS now. Every time I look at Evie I think of you, and how you should be in her position. You're talented, you're funny, you're smart, and you're beautiful. Although you were shy at first, when you got that first laugh in the writer's room you just kept going." He says laughing at the memory. "I love your work. I bough a ticket to your show this weekend. I don't mean to sound obsessive, but I can't get you out of my head. As you can see I remembered your address." He looks back at you with tears in your eyes. Stephen quickly gets up to comfort you, not understanding that they were tears of joy.

"Don't cry darling, don't cry." He passionately kisses you, and putting your hand on his neck, you embrace it. "These are tears of joy Stephen, I've never heard anyone say anything like that to me. I'm just a bit overwhelmed. And this all happened so fast...." You say wiping the tears from your eyes. "Come on honey let's sit down, the show will be on soon." As you two sit down, Stephen starts his talking again.

"You know, I've been wanting to divorce Evie for years, but being a catholic, I can't. Makes me wish I didn't settle." "You would've been one of the hottest Bachelors." You reply. "You think so?" He asks raising his eyebrow. "Hell yea I mean look at you Stephen. Sexiest man alive if you ask me." You say sitting up. "Woah, that's a step forward!" He says laughing. "Alright we have a few minutes." You say looking at your watch. You then stand up and go to the freezer to get a pint of Americone Dream. "Wow." Stephen says with a smirk on his face. "I can share, unless you want your own. I have 3 more." you tell him. "You have 4 pints of Americone Dream? That's more than I've ever had at once! Bring another spoon over here let's share it."

"Hmm, haven't had this in a while."
"Really? It's your ice cream." You reply. "I know, that's the weird thing about it." He says laughing. You notice that there's caramel hanging from Stephen's bottom lip. You wipe it off with your thumb, then lick it off of your thumb. "Are you trying to turn me on?" He says putting his hand on your thigh. "Easy tiger, I just really like caramel." You say as the cold open begins. As you both realize the show is beginning, you sit back. You look over at Stephen, who has his eyes glued on the TV. You scoot towards him and lay your head on his chest. He wraps his arms around you and you wrap your arms around his waist. Listening to his heartbeat, you slowly drift off. Feeling protected, and safe in his arms.