Bamboozle

We found the Yota's hideout a few weeks later. It was hidden right under our noses as they were hiding in the Country of Fire, deep within the woods. The dark brown almost black castle blended well with it's surroundings and the only reason I found them was because I picked up Yota's scent outside the forest and it led me there.

Shikamaru: "It's definitely a trap, what a pain"

Aoi: "I think you're giving him way too much credit"

Kiba: "Well I have to agree with Shikamaru on this one, who would recklessly leave their scent behind when they were attacked by shinobi with two ninken?"

Shikamaru: "Exactly"

Aoi: "Don't worry, it'll be fine"

。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+

Shikamaru: "So, who was the one who said it would be fine again?"

"Aoi"

Sakura, Hinata, Shino and Kiba said in unison as they were getting dragged inside the castle, tied up. They were expecting the surroundings of the castle to be trapped, but not the entire one block if the forest. They were exhausted, clothes tattered and Akamaru and Aoi were nowhere to be found.

Yota: "Oh looks like there's two different people on your team...did the girl whose throat I slit, not make it?"

Shikamaru: "That's him?"

Shikamaru looked at Kiba with his ever so bored look.

Kiba: "Yup, that's him"

Shikamaru: "Great, that's the current number one bounty in the bingo book"

Sakura: "Seriously?!"

Yota: "Oh yes, murdering shinobi is a hobby of mine, I used to pin it on other countries but now that they are working together, it's not so easy anymore"

Shino: "That's why you have to sour the relationships again"

Yota: "Mhm"

Shikamaru: "That's so stupid"

Yota: "You say that as if you weren't about to die"

Sakura: "You're going to kill us?!"

Yota: "No we're going to have a barbecue, jeez girl, you okay?"

Kiba: "I don't want to go on anymore missions..."

Yota: "You won't even be able to after today, well now, eeny meeny miny mo"

Shikamaru: "Oh my god he's seriously picking who to kill first, what a pain"

Yota: "Ah I'll just kill you all at once!"

He flicked his hand and masked men came up to all of them and out a blade to their throats. A few seconds later they were lying on the floor dead.

Or so they thought.

Shikamaru: "Man, this whole plan was a pain"

Aoi: "What do you mean, I did all the work, my ice clones were amazing!"

They stood behind Yota. Shikamaru held a kunai at the back of his neck, signaling for him to give up.

Sakura: "I'm never going on with you guys, this is pure chaos"

Shino: "I agree"

They apprehended Yota and everyone inside who surrendered while Aoi, Kiba and Akamaru scoured the forest for anyone who tried to run. Yota and his goons were later handed over to Morino Ibiki and the interrogation department. Unfortunately, Yota was assassinated at night one day when noone was around. Till this day they haven't figured out who did it.