Riding the Ilus

Bold=na'vi talk
Italian= sigh language for underwater

Neteyam point of view:

It has been almost a month since we came to the Metkayina clan. Äneyr and I got really close to each other. I can sign almost fluently using signs they use underwater. Tuk is almost getting there. We both can hold our breath for long periods of time. Right now, Äneyr was showing their versions of the sea banshees. The creatures were called Ilu.

Äneyr was feeding it some type of fruit. "This is Ka'vi. She is my Ilu. You guys are ready to ride your very own Ilu." said Äneyr. We climb into the water and an Ilu swims right over to us. He helped me climb on the Ilu. He helped me contact my queue to the Ilu. He put my hand on the bar like things. "Hold your breath. Ilu love to be under the water as well as having their heads above the water." said Äneyr. He moved to the side. "When you are ready say go."

"Go." I order. The Ilu swam forwarded really fast and then dove under. The speed increases. I was losing my grip. I couldn't hold on anymore and let go. I resurfaced for the water. Äneyr and Tuk were giggling. I was slightly embarrassed but I felt really happy.

For some odd reason, any time I am around Äneyr, my heart increases. I really enjoyed hanging out with him. Apparently Tuk and Kiri did too. I noticed Kiri hung out with him. I couldn't help but get a bit jealous.

I try a couple more times and each time I fail. Each time I fail, Tuk and Äneyr would giggle. What I didn't notice was that mom and dad were watching us. That was until dad called out to us. "yes sir?" asked Äneyr. "You don't need to call me that. Call me Jake." said dad. "What can I do for you?" asked Äneyr. "We were just seeing how the kids are doing." said mom. "They are doing great. If you are looking for Lo'ak, he is with Tsireya. Kiri is off doing her own thing." said Äneyr.

"Thank you for teaching our kids." said mom. "No problem. I know how it feels." said Äneyr. "Tonowari said you mange to convince Ronal to let us stay. Why did you?" asked Dad. "I think it time for me to share my story. I am not from here. Ronal and Tsireya found me ashore. They took me in. It was only my father and I. He was killed by sky people. That was ten years ago." said Äneyr. I was shock to hear that he had such a sad story. "There more. I normally do speak to people. The most I ever spoke was to my family. That was until you and your family came. To me when I am round you guys, I feel free and feel like I belong." said Äneyr as he pet the Ilu that I was riding on.

"Wow." said Dad. He didn't know how to react. Tell you the truth, none of us did. Tuk hug Äneyr. "I am sorry." said Tuk. "It alright. Things happens for a reason." said Äneyr. We heard growling and look that way. It was Aonung and Rotxo. Aonung look really mad. He stomp away and Rotxo follow. "Don't mind him. He being a brat." said Äneyr with an eye roll. I smiled. "We have to go. Once again thank you for teaching the kids." said Dad. "Your welcome." said Äneyr. The parents left. "I like your mom. Your dad is alright." said Äneyr. We ended the lesson for the day.