Chapter 17

Destin Hart (Point of View)

I got blinded by my pain and feelings that I didn't realize that I am hurting him.

I'm so selfish. Nagpadala ako sa takot.

"I am fine alone kung hindi ikaw," he said while crying. This is the first time I saw him cry. No one can imagine that this massive cold and snob big guy will cry and it's because of me.

Unti-unti lumapit si Kairos sa'kin. He took my hand and kiss my ring finger. I feel like a part of me is missing just by looking at my bare finger without the ring.

"I know that you're scared, I am too. But let me be with you all through the way. You can depend on me. I know... you're independent, but if you feel weak and vulnerable, please... lean on me. I am not just down all for the sunshines and butterflies with you. I am also down for all the roughs and darks,"

"Let me be part of it all, baby."

This man

How can he be so understanding and patient with me? After all the things I've said. Even after almost giving up on him. Nandito pa din siya sa harapan ko. Assuring me. Loving me. Holding me.

"Please don't push me away. Don't leave me," he begged

Parang pinipiga ang puso ko sa pagmamakaawa niya. Hindi niya naman kailangang magmakaawa.

"O-of course, you don't have to beg," mahinang sabi ko, after finding the strength to finally speak. "I'm sorry for being weak-"

"I understand. You don't have to apologize," he cuts me off.

Of course, you always do.

Umiling ako. "I know I'm wrong. Alam kong maling-mali na sabihin 'yon. I lied. I don't want to see you with someone. I'm scared that you'll marry someone-"

"You don't have to worry about that. That won't happen," he butt in again.

Umiling ako at ngumiti. "B-but I can't bare a child. Hindi kita mabibigyan ng anak..." pabulong na dagdag ko.

"You don't have to worry about that also. There's a lot of ways to have a child with you-that's not even important right now," mariin na sagot niya

"I will call all the professional doctors in this country. I will make sure that you'll live 'til our hair turns gray," dagdag pa niya.

I can't help but hug him. He stiffened but instantly wrapped his arms around me.

"You scared me, baby," he said breathily.

Kairos kissed the top of my head. I listened to his fast heartbeat. I feel like something that's been burdening me has been lifted. Parang gumaan ang pakiramdam ko.

"I'm sorry," I apologized

"Shh..." He hushed me and hugged me tightly. "We are in this together, okay?"

I can't help but smile. "Okay..."

"Pano naman ako?" Nilingon namin si Lucas na kanina pa siguro nakatingin at nakikinig sa'min. Kairos chuckled at sinenyasan si Lucas na lumapit sa'min.

With dried tears, Lucas run and hug us. Kairos hugged us both. I love them so much. Kairos once told me that Lucas reminds him of Kairon. I guess he just misses his twins.

"Pinaiyak niyo 'ko!" Natatawa at naiiyak na sabi ni Lucas. Natawa nalang din kami ni Kairos.

My soulmate and my solace