39. Status quo I

- Gee Abdicator! Thank you! Finally I learned my lesson! - The shy boy said to his hero.

- You're welcome Tommy, but remember, always be good!

The cartoon ended and the credits appeared on the TV screen, seconds later the brunette turned out the device.

- He says the same each Monday and each week he does the same! He never changes.

- Oh Gerald, take it easy, it's just the status quo rule. - His best friend said, before eating some popcorn from the bowl in his hands.

- Status what?

- Quo. Is about that in the world of that tv show exists some "rules" that make the world run and always have to keep equal.

- Oh I see... Imagine Arnie, if real life always were the same! So boring!

- Maybe, but I think that some things must always be a certain way.

...

– Lloyd's Mansion - Rhonda's room -

The whole room was full of 6th graders girls, with a lot of papers and decorations around them, each of them trying to defend her point of view at the same time.

- No way! We aren't gonna decorate the dance with pink, that's so 95, girls, please, it's 99! we have to do something cool for the last dance in PS118 and in the 90s.

- Oh yeah Rhonda? What's your suggestion? - Nadine tried to breathe and avoided killing her best friend.

- "Spanish crimson"! This is the future! Believe me girls, I know what I'm talking about.

- Actually Rhonda, my magazine says that it is "pacific blue", and it's the newest.

- Oh, Lila it's right! and it's gonna be cheaper and easier to find decorations in that beautiful color!

- Gosh Phoebe, you just said that because you have been wearing blue since the 80s, like a cartoon or something, but if you want to listen to a farmer girl, do what you want!

- Hey Rhonda, that isn't nice! You have to apologize to Lila.

- Forget it Sheena, she interrupted the fashion master, so if everyone wants to listen to her, you can organize the party without me!

The black-haired woman turned her face indignant, and seconds later, she felt her jaw drop, the girls were leaving her room.

- They'll be back... begging for my help... - She said to herself. The girls continued on their way down the long corridor, until Phoebe slowed down to walk next to the blonde.

- Helga, it's everything ok? You didn't say a word in the meeting.

- Oh sure, I'm ok, I mean... Was only Rhonda being Rhonda, and the stupid color isn't important.

- And what's important? I know that something is happening. Is it about Arnold and your date in the Cheese festival?

- Oh no, the things with Arnold are finally amazing, after the retreat of JJ... it's about the Patakis...

- Your family? What happened now?

- Oh nothing, the things on "house" as usual, Miriam working and dating that guy, Bob losing his time with those stupid beepers, Olga with Jamie O and... O yeah, Gerry and I'll sue my parents for my custody.

- That you... WHAT? - Said the japanese appearance's girl, almost screaming.

- Criminy Pheebs, louder than in China they couldn't hear very well.