my new home

After walking with Lloyd a little bit we finally made it to the man he called boss. He was tall with a black cowboy hat, he had curly hair and was well built he had blue eyes and a really nice beard. He was quite dare I say attractive.
   "Umm Lloyd your boss looks scary." I say trying to Disguise what I just thought.
    "Don't worry about it he don't bite." Lloyd says sarcastically
     "Hey rip I might have found someone good for some work." Lloyd said as we walked up.
      "Thats the young lady who just won?" The man named rip said back.
      "Yes she sure is she can ride and had been asking around for a job."
       "Alright what's your name?" Rip asks me
       "I am Waylon,sir"
        "Ok Waylon what makes you good for work?"
        "Well sir I can ride and I also have been taking care of horses since I was 5 years old been in the rodeo since I was about 19 and I well... this is the first one I have won."
         "How old are you know?"
          "25 sir". Rip turns to Lloyd and grabs him by the shoulder and they both turn away from me.
           "You think she could be helpful?" Lloyd asks rip
             "My only concern is she is a girl in the bunkhouse Lloyd, the last thing we need is a love struck cowboy." Rip replied
         "Thats fair but rip I can take care of her and she seems she can hold her own."
     "Alright let's do it, we need a new hand anyway." They both turn back towards me and rip says "pack your stuff and follow us back to the ranch,I assume you have a car and a trailer for that horse of yours?"
     "Yes sir I do."
      "Drop the sir every one just calls me rip, well Waylon follow us."
       "Ok, rip." I walk back to my truck and get in. Well that was kind of a wing it situation I think it went well. Oh or they could be leading me to my death. I thought. But after I saw there truck pull out with the yellowstone Dutton ranch logo I felt better about it.

____________________________________________

After about I 35 minute drive we arrived through the big front gate. Rips truck came to a stop infront of a big white barn. He got out so I did to. "Alright Waylon Lloyd can get your horse a stall while I get you settled in. This is the bunkhouse we're all the hands stay, where you will be staying." Rip states as I nodded and handed my truck keys to Lloyd. After grabbing my Bags we walk into the bunkhouse. "Boys this is Waylon our new hand." Rip says to all the guys playing poker. "Jimmy show her, her bunk." The man nodded and stood up giving me a waving motion to follow him.
      "I'm Jimmy, and this is your lovely bunk right under mine, the bathrooms is over there and the kitchen over there."
       "Thanks Jimmy, I'm Waylon." I say setting down my stuff on my bunk. I see Lloyd walk back in and he hands my keys .
       "Your truck is parked round back with your trailer, Waylon we wake up at 5 30 tomorrow to get started, and if anything or anyone gives you a problem just let me know."
        "Thank you Lloyd, thank you so much for this opportunity, I don't know how I will repay you."
         "Don't thank me thank Rip he let you here." Lloyd says as he walks away. I set my straw cowboy hat oh the hook next to my bunk and kick my boots off to lay down. I think this is going to be the start of something great. I think to myself as I drift to sleep.